View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kidd
Then why don't you lock this thread too. You have already locked this thread once and then unlocked it admitting you "made a mistake". Since you "will not tolerate" this thread again, why not just lock it again.

You can always unlock it again after the tantrum has passed.

Captain Kidd,

you are constantly telling lies.
I didnt said that this topic is something that I will not tolerate. This are turning people to think that I will not tolerate criticism of Morrowind. It is want you want, I see it clearly. And it is lie!
I will not tolerate topics where people are insulting each other.
That is all. And that is exactly what guest - just little bit above this post - did.

Yes, and I did mistake. I locked this thread because it turned into personal attacks, place where is not room for logical and constructive opinions. Then I changed my mind, probably I was too cautious.

You must know it, so I really do not understand your motives to spread lies here.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:50 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Captain Kidd - is there a reason you don't post these postings under your registered username?

Just asking.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:29 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

He is so upset that he keeps forgetting to log in. hehe
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:46 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Captain Kidd - is there a reason you don't post these postings under your registered username?

lol
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:58 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Someone said EVERY little clam was placed in Morrowind by hand. Guess this picture shows how they somehow managed to misplace a whole bunch of seaweed BY HAND.. Right.. Does Santa Claus exist too?
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:37 am
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Actually yes he does.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:44 am

Mattias, clearly morrowind has hurt you on a deep deep level. I'm starting to wonder if you'll recover.

Post incessantly on a game you like -- a little weird but understandable.

Post incessantly on a video game you don't like trying to convince others to join your crusade -- very strange. In fact it is freaking me out. What is your motivation here? On second thought, don't tell me, I'm freaked out enough as it is.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:50 am

Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

That is how powerful advertisement is. Remember when people actually hated eachother for owning a sega saturn or sony playstation? It was very scary and disturbing. But that is what happnes when you sit in front of the t.v. all day. Its just a game. I am your friend not your enemy even though we differ in opinion. plz dont hurt me. In this case advertisement may not cause a fight between morrowind or another game but that is what they have set in the minds of people that if you dont like a certain product then its life or death if someone else does. I am probably confusing alot of people but this where the all of the strange and scary behavior comes from. hmmmmm never mind
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:24 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

You hit the nail right on the head there, Guest. Morrowind has indeed hurt me on a deep level. I absolutely LOVED Daggerfall despite its constant bugs and horrid dungeons. When I first heard there was gonna be a sequel to Daggerfall I was really, really happy! Good news! Actually Morrowind was one of the reasons I upgraded my system to a brand new shining Athlon XP 2000+, just to make sure I would be able to run it without problems. (I am also a computer science student so that might have had something to do with it too..)

Then I followed the development of Morrowind closely for the next 5-6 years (not sure if it's been that long, but I think so) eagerly awaiting its release. And then when its release date is set I actually pre-order a copy! I haven't done that before in my entire life.

When I finally get it I play it like a madman for the first few days until the game starts shining through its glossy surface. And THEN I found this place.

I guess you can figure out the rest.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:23 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Mattias, first of all: that someone was me. Second - I can't see anything on that pic, too dark. Third: misplacement of items contradicts hand placement? Since when - and why? *g*
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:44 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Mattias, first of all: that someone was me. Second - I can't see anything on that pic, too dark. Third: misplacement of items contradicts hand placement? Since when - and why? *g*

Sorry for the bad picture quality, but that's how the game looks to me. I think it was night when I took it too.. Smart, eh?

Anyhow, your third point: If you've done any graphics designing you know that artists work with blocks (a clump of preset objects linked together) to speed up the process. If you place a BLOCK wrong, every object in that block will be misplaced. If you place objects by hand, most likely only one object will be misplaced before you notice your error and correct yourself.

In this case an entire little "bouquet" of underwater plants are hovering above groundlevel together with a few shells. So either they used blocks or they let a computer place all the underwater plants in strategic places.

In any case, that isn't handmade.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:07 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Once again, you have proven to KNOW NOTHING.

The situation depicted in your screenshots (I turned on contrast and brightness to see it) happens when you change the land level in the editor after placing objects. Just try it yourself. It could also happen when yu drag and drop the objects from the editor list to the render window, arrange them relatively to themselves and press "F" to drop them to the ground, but one of them hits an obstacle first.

Now, i really believe the first thing is what happened. But the most laughable argument in your posting is that "because things are grouped, they cannot be hand placed".

You are getting more and more ridiculous in your crusade.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:10 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Once again, you have proven to KNOW NOTHING.

The situation depicted in your screenshots (I turned on contrast and brightness to see it) happens when you change the land level in the editor after placing objects. Just try it yourself. It could also happen when yu drag and drop the objects from the editor list to the render window, arrange them relatively to themselves and press "F" to drop them to the ground, but one of them hits an obstacle first.

Now, i really believe the first thing is what happened. But the most laughable argument in your posting is that "because things are grouped, they cannot be hand placed".

You are getting more and more ridiculous in your crusade.

Yes ONCE AGAIN you have PROVEN ME WRONG. YES PROOF. And I KNOW NOTHING. You are NOT sounding RIDICULOUS yourself. NO SIREE. This is REALLY CONSTRUCTIVE of you, by the way.

Bah, you're useless to discuss with.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:19 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Is this your common reaction to finding out you draw wrong conclusions?

Very revealing.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:45 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Garon, I hate you. Are you like my evil twin separated at birth I never knew about? Every time I think of something to say, you say it before me (or at the same time as we saw before), and you do it with more style and grace... grrr...
quote:
Originally posted by Garon
I really hate to bicker about a lighthearted, somewhat whimsical analogy, but most, if not all, of the features of my dream car have been implemented in some car today.

I keep seeing people say that you can't have a big car and a fast car because the two are physically impossible together. That you can't have fast car and an economy car at the same time, because it's technically impossible. Yet the same people demand that the lying marketers get off their butts and make a game that is huge, has awsome AI, is graphically perfect, has depth of play, is realistic simulation and can run on p3 700 without a hitch. Because, after all, all these things were already done before! Therefore by some weird twist of logic it must be possible to make such a piece of software just by having marketers and sales people decide that it will be so. What a strange world we live in.

As I said before, your oppinions on what's possible, and what's not, in a piece of s/w, do not count until you tell me which major software project you, or someone close to you, helped bring to fuition in the last 3 years. Unless you did, you have no conception on what it takes to make software and anything you say about its production is just wild fantasy. You can probably make more "knowledgeable" guesses about what it would take to put a (wo)man on Mars.

And if you really do know of a piece of software that did all those things you said can be put together in the same composite, then please, we are all waiting right alongside Garon, for our holy grail has been found. NAME IT!
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next