Glitch???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mega
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Glitch???

Ok I've escaped the goblin prison and triggered a "warn the king" quest, went and warned the king triggering a "troll" quest. Finish the quest and the trolls remove the rocks from the collapsed pathway. Now everytime I go to the outpost and walk into the room where the injured guard is, it retriggers the "warn the king" quest and locks up after the video of the dead guy.

I use the xbox version. I've erased everything off my HD and restarted like 4 times now, and the same thing happens. Can I just avoid that area and continue?
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:54 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Yes, you are done with the guard, and once you get a few more quests that scene should be gone, with the guard. Actually you could kill him, but that may mess you up as it seems a little bugged there anyway. But you will be coming back to this area again, and find them all dead or gone. Until you need to (and you will know) avoid the guards, just use it to get from A to B for now. I don't have xbox so there may be another solution here as well. I just know story line. Check again and see if any of the xbox officals have more info for you.
One think, when you said restarted, did you mean the whole game or from one save point? Your save game may be corrupted if that is the case.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:21 pm
Scrib
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm using the xbox version, and as I recall, I never had the trolls as allies, anyway, you only need that one behind bars who will remove the rocks for you. Like Cm said, there will come a time when all the outpost guys will be dead, so avoid them for now, just do other stuff. -
Try and get into the crypt- that's always fun. You;ll spend so much time in there, by the time you make it back out, the guards in the outpost will have been chopped up and quartered. -- SJ
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:06 pm
mega
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you guys were kinda uncelar about my problem. I had already cleared the rocks, etc... and the quest was long over.

I tried playing farther and the outpost got attacked again.. an empty room ended up retriggering the same video/quest

SO, i started overagain, this time I triggered the quest in the outpost (you can also trigger it in the crystal caves)

so for future knowldge, if anyone has the same glitch, just restart and meet the guard inside the outpost instead of in the caves.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:51 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Glad you posted that. Xbox seems to have a few special bugs of it's own. Not many people come and share them or the solutions. Thanks for that one.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:54 am