Two-handed sword to One-handed sword
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Two-handed sword to One-handed sword

I found a way to make Two-handed weapon One-handed weapon with only little text editing

Tutorial:

To make two-handed weapon one-handed weapon. You must first choose one NPC to edit. We will use Abuyin for this tutorial (You can find him near the free beer area). First you need to enter marvin mode then take command of abuyin by pressing "O". Then go to console and type "hero export NPC". Okay now save your game and quit. Then go to "saves" folder and open NPC.zen with text editor (Do NOT use notepad). Now since Abuyin is using Dagger find line "ITMW_1H_VLK_DAGGER" there are two of these. Now chance BOTH of them to "ITMW_STURMBRINGER". Now save the file and go back to the game. Enter Marvin mode. Take command of Abuyin and type "Hero import NPC" In console. And now Abuyin has Two-handed Stormbringer in one-hand. You can drop the sword so the hero can use it. You can also do this the other way to make one-handed waepon two-handed weapon.

NOTE: I have posted this topic also in G2 GENERAL, but since someone complained about it i posted this here as well.
SECOND NOTE: when this post was G2 GENERAL section it wasn't quite clear to someone the the weapon stormbringer is orginally TWO-HANDED SWORD and with my "tutorial" it became ONE-HANDED SWORD. and i know that i can simply add the sword in marvin mode but this stormbringer is one-handed instead the orginal two-handed sword. I hope that with this last note i became clear to everyone. Thank you.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 9:37 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Dart23,

Hope i didn't sound harsh, it was more "guidance" intended, your right no actual game spoil content, but many topics like this can often "progress" and develope along spoiler lines, but hey! this is a good tips & tricks subject.
Have you used the stormbringer for a "while" in the game, have you done other tests, will it hold through a chapter change?, what may happen, when weapon training, say 2h training will it stay the same? have you tried the other way round with another similar weapon?.
this is a good trick, (if it holds) no doubt about it
Post Sat May 22, 2004 9:58 pm
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes it SHOULD stay like that. I have also tried to make one-handed dagger two-handed and it worked, but since thats no good. Dagger is already a lousy weapon why make it even lousier. But having the great "Large Ore Dragon Slayer" or "Holy Executioner" in one-hand would be quite usefull. I haven't tried the sword after chapter change, but i suppose it stays like that forever. However it still says it's Two-handed even though it's One-handed. So I suppose it works with 1h training. I however find no use for this trick since i only use "Wrath of Innos". But if this works in Gothic 1 then it would be very useful since there are only few good one-handed swords.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 10:22 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

So the book "Southern defence art" will still work for one hand? or would it be The "Double-block" for two handed?
Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:05 pm
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think so
Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:12 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

thanks for telling
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:40 pm
Yamcha