Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
My thoughts on Fire Mages and the Path of Believers.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

At first I thought that they were a bunch of wusses. All weak, low strengh, and sissy wardrobes.

Now that I'm trying to become one, I think that they deserve much respect since the path to becoming one is so much harder than that of becoming a Paladin. Witch is the only other form that I've completed the game so far.

I have a question concerning the Believers' path.

At the area where, I guess is the final place that you have to go to, there is a Shadow warrior near a blue ray of light. Are there more than one of them buggers???

I brought one to the Troll. I thought that I could go and open the chest but no! I think I saw 2 more of them!!! Didn't have time to count. Was put to death in a second.

My stats are silly : 10 str (15 with the ring); 10 dex and 15 mana.
10 percent 1h and 2h; 25 with bow and 10 crossbow.
Keeping everything for mana and the mage stats for later.

Can't do much but to run away from them.
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

Anybody has any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:33 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: My thoughts on Fire Mages and the Path of Believers.

quote:
Originally posted by enodenroH
At the area where, I guess is the final place that you have to go to, there is a Shadow warrior near a blue ray of light. Are there more than one of them buggers???

Do you mean a Shadowbeast or a Shadow Warrior? In both cases you are at the wrong place. I won't spoil the right one, but such enemies aren't near the right place.

Your stats are extremely low. You'll need at least some fighting skills. You'll have to kill several novices on your way back. And in the beginning of your mage career your magic will be very weak.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:40 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote="Sem]Do you mean a Shadowbeast or a Shadow Warrior? In both cases you are at the wrong place. I won't spoil the right one, but such enemies aren't near the right place.

Your stats are extremely low. You'll need at least some fighting skills. You'll have to kill several novices on your way back. And in the beginning of your mage career your magic will be very weak.[/quote]

I'm not a bad fighter. I finished Gothic 1 with something like 20 percent 1 and 2h... if my memory serves right. Don't wanna brag...

Anyway, I stayed up all night to become a mage. Tell me where to go next. PLEASE!!! I'm where the big troll is.

The cave I talked about had something like 3 Shadow Warriors, not Beasts.

I know my stats are low. Just don't want to spend them unwisely yet.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:01 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I think you are at the cave where two Shadow warriors are guarding a sword suspended in a bluish light. If you leave the cave and go right, you pass under an arch then you reach a hunter and then the black troll. (If you leave the cave and go left you'll find the Circle of Sun)

I'm still not sure what you are trying to do, but I think you are trying to find the cave involved in becoming a mage. If that is what you are trying: At the black troll, go back toward the hunter and look to the left....there is a bridge. Cross the bridge and enter the dense foliage area past the Innos statue(the statue will be on your right as you walk by it). In that area is a hidden cave, just look for it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:59 pm
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Be careful in that cave though. It branches at one point. One branch leads to your destination. The other leads to some minescrawler warriors.

You know, aside from following the other novices to get a general idea I'm not sure how the clues are supposed to lead you on this quest.

When I did it I only had to find one novice - the one that had arrived first. Of the other two, the one who tries following you decided to prove his manliness fighting a lurker. He got eaten. The other one I never spoke to again since I swam back to the monstary via the river. He stayed next to Dragomir's camp for the rest of the game.
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:41 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

At long last, call me Mr Firemage!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Holywhippet
Be careful in that cave though. It branches at one point. One branch leads to your destination. The other leads to some minescrawler warriors.

Yeah, when I saw one I jumped in fear on my chair...

When I did it I only had to find one novice - the one that had arrived first. Of the other two, the one who tries following you decided to prove his manliness fighting a lurker. He got eaten. The other one I never spoke to again since I swam back to the monstary via the river. He stayed next to Dragomir's camp for the rest of the game.

The same for me safe that I backtracked to Akil's Farm since my fighting stats were to weak to take care of Wulf.

Thanks to all.

I'm only level 7. I can barely hurt an Ork. Gonna level up for a while.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:47 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Holywhippet
You know, aside from following the other novices to get a general idea I'm not sure how the clues are supposed to lead you on this quest.

"The path of believers" is the name of the quest and that phrase contains all the clues you need.
What do believers do? They pray. And since only novices and mages can enter the monastery they pray at the road shrines. You must follow them to get to the cave. The shrins are placed very far from eachother however, so it's easy to take a wrong turn.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well Sem I find you very kind with this puzzle, if you find it obvious cool for you, myself when I look at the map with all the shrines, there's nothing obvious.

More importantly, you need have already go where are the shrines to know where they are. For me the only good hint in this riddle is only the other novices you met. That said it's a great quest, one of the best of the game.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:20 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by enodenroH

I put exactely 14 LP in Mana and chapter 5 and 6 was quite easy, what it will be for you?
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:25 pm
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Sem

"The path of believers" is the name of the quest and that phrase contains all the clues you need.
What do believers do? They pray. And since only novices and mages can enter the monastery they pray at the road shrines. You must follow them to get to the cave. The shrins are placed very far from eachother however, so it's easy to take a wrong turn.

But there are shrines all over the place. The first shrine you find is near that farm you come to at the very start of the game. I can't see anything that points you towards that particular series of shrines other than your fellow novices.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:25 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I know what you mean! The first time I tried to become a Fire Mage I teamed up with Ulf and we traveled the whole island looking for that cave!

I have to hand it to the writers, because it was actually a shock when Ulf pulled his stunt in the cave. And here I thought we had really bonded! He helped me through some serious battles and I always made sure he got healed up. To pull that stuff really got to me.

Anyway, on subsequent replays, I always find a way to get out of the cave without killing him.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:12 am