quests and guilds...how are they?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Terwin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quests and guilds...how are they?

how are the quests in the game? are the pretty unique? and what about the guilds and main houses? have any of you joined them yet?
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:51 am
Decado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: quests and guilds...how are they?

quote:
Originally posted by Terwin
how are the quests in the game? are the pretty unique? and what about the guilds and main houses? have any of you joined them yet?

TERWIN!! (same guy from the W8 boards?)

How_are_you_doing?

I lost your email address when Shaw wiped my account, then I got a new computer and all new email accounts. Needless to say, haven't been able to get in touch.

To answer some of your questions:

Quests--So far there has been a range: crap --> pretty good. All have been short and basic, with the only real time consuming part being the unfortunate business of actually FINDING the place. Most quests come down to being fetch quests or "kill them" quests. I had heard from previews that the Quests are supposed to be quite good, but that hasn't been the case, thusfar. Keep in mind that I've only played the game for around 15+ hrs, and haven't gotten too deap into the Guilds yet.

Guilds--Yes, I've joined the Fighters (stupid, since I can't advance), Mage, Thieves, Temple, Blades. Mage/Temple being the only Guilds I'm suited for. Sad really, as Thieves seem to get the most interesting quests, Fighters the most straightforward and fun. My first "major" Mage quests actually seems quite good, though (best yet). All from first impressions, naturally.

No main houses.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:59 am
Dmitry the Wizzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The quests are terrific. They are comparable to Bgate quests. Some are small. Some are grand multipart quests that relate to several broad "themes" in the game and touch and concern the whole "goings on" of the world you are in.

There are more groups to join than you could possibly want. Every group shapes your character and gives ou MORE quests. Many change the way the NPCs see you. I have probably 20-30 hours into the game and I am involved in several groups that have really given my character flavor.

This is the first game since BGate2 that I felt like my character was in an open ended story. When i am not playing, I actually think... "Hmnn what should I tackle next?"

Buy this game.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:03 am
Terwin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks

Hey Decado, what's up? What did you think of Wiz 8? I haven't been able to play Morrowind yet. I'm waiting on me new computer to get here. I have the game sitting here. But, no computer to run it on.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 12:14 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

The quests have been alot of fun...

Yes, there are a few delivery quests, but the reason for the delivery is usually funny/creative. Most of the quests regardless how it begins has multiple endings-(based on how you handle it).
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:40 pm
Decado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Terwin, I sent you a "PM".
Post Tue May 07, 2002 7:54 am