Usergroups
About children
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe 'óur' hero can settle down and all that when evil is banisched from the Gothic -world, but that hasn't been done yet so, lets get back to the discussion about childeren.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:05 am
scratch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No kids on the block

I'm sorry but I think that some of you guys need to get a life. I play these games to get away from the the realality that some of you seem to be seeking - kids, setting down roots and ?horses. In this alternative reality I need adventure to do heroic deeds and kicking some butt along the way is good. Kids can work well in some story lines but don't set me up for a second mortgage, parental responsibility and pets.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:04 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: No kids on the block

quote:
Originally posted by scratch
I'm sorry but I think that some of you guys need to get a life. I play these games to get away from the the realality that some of you seem to be seeking - kids, setting down roots and ?horses. In this alternative reality I need adventure to do heroic deeds and kicking some butt along the way is good. Kids can work well in some story lines but don't set me up for a second mortgage, parental responsibility and pets.

I want the same thing (herioc deeds etc.) but in a world that is as realistic as possible, so I want to have children in that world. It will make it more realistic and that is needed to have a great players experience (both Gothic games already have that but with children it will be even better).
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:19 pm
mopheta
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic can introduce children and our character could not be able to kill them. There are too much things that our player canīt do..... hi canīt break a door, or move things. Why not children, and if you can kill them our player remember you what are you doing?.... and if you persist our player could kill himself as oposition of your decision (itīs not too much realistic, but could work well). Itīs like a moral decision of our character upper our bad decision.

The answer is YES. Children will improve realism...... but not only children. I want a horse. And good animations of our player, and better design (our player isnīt at the height of the whole game).

Some humans npcīs fights against you if you answer the wrong, and I think itīs not good. If you can play one afthernoon a pacific hour, why to be death if you only are speaking with humans?.

And a last point..... I hate the inventory. Would be possible a transparent, easy, quick, and small inventory?
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:43 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Re: No kids on the block

quote:
Originally posted by scratch

Maybe you haven't killed to much and that’s why you are so aggressive?

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:19 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by mopheta
Off topic? noooo, I need a good white horse to travel with. Childrens are a good idea, but I prefer a white horse. Sooo.... horses can be done with other colors.

There are too many animals in the game, but there are no horses. There are nothing more incredible than a Knight running by the ways.... and with a 30 kg armor and all the inventary and bow........:PPPPP

There should be ponnies to carry the items, and horses to carry our knight. Stables in the city and farmers to park the horses and eat. I would disable the system inventory, and limite to only that a normal person can carry. And a good room or home to colect these items. Its like the real life...... if you stole a tv in a house, you need some to carry (better a car than a horse). The game is superb like it is, but can be better.

There are no good knight without a good horse and sword.

You are right. This topic (about horse) was opened many times.
But here horses are .

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:24 pm
madmax1024
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Don't you remember Ultima IX Ascension? Yes, there were children. And yes, you could kill them. And nobody complained... so, go ahead PB, give us some infanticide.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:31 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

I personely don't care if you can kill childeren or not, as long as there are childeren, that why I started this topic.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:33 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

But there are children in G2 - Sekob has son.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:44 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

what do you guys mean the censorship people wouldnt like killable children, just remember fallout 1, 2, and tactics, except in england but they just got screwed
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:05 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by bora
But there are children in G2 - Sekob has son.

Yes, he has a son, but if I'm correct that son has the same body as and adult in Gothic II, in gothic III I want children whos have the body of a child.

And I don't care if their killable or not.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:39 pm
Gor Na Katarn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Easy, either you put a REALLY STRONG UBER DEATH 1 HIT KILLER guard beside every kid, or when you target a kid with a weapon, and you are about to swing, your character says something like, "I will not strike down a child."
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:09 pm
Elratio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well it cant be that hard to add children to the game, would just have to make a story that from the begining of time the 3 gods sat down and decided that no children should be harmed and that they are invunarability untill they grow up, and go through a ritual, and they cant leave town untill they do so.

Or simply make the child to fast to hit. Or have an area guarded with heavy guards, unpossible to beat, and before entering this area u must give ur weapons away. And get them back at the guards of course when leaving

The horse is a good idea, and the inventory is kinda strange about the weight thing, but i would hate running back and forth with all the weps, skins etc, if the weight limitation would be a fact u would need an easier way to sell, or able to use mind power to transfer items to a chest in ur home. Or have a horse to help u carry. Or an easy way to make cash, but then u will have of course the unlimited cash thingy.

And there could be a prophecy that said if a childs blood get spilled in the holy city the hope is lost and if u kill a kid the game ends with the evil taken over the world or something.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:49 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I missing female warriors..all the women are either farmers og citizens, none of them are warrior og mage
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:34 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

What about the alchemist and the thief?
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:36 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next