View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where do i find Telekenisis?

Firstly, hello

I just bought Arx for PC 2 days ago and im finding it a little hard to get to grips with. Currently im stuck in the goblin kings level and im trying to work out how i can get the stone on the walkway above the main entrance. I did a google for a walkthrough, came here and read that i needed Telekenesis to get it. Now the problem is i have no idea how to get Telekenisis, am i missing a stone or something? or do i need to learn the spell somehow? At the moment i have 2 spells (ignite, firewall) and 3 stones (the square 'U', the line from left to right, and the square 'G') - sorry i frogot the names of them

Should i have found another stone(s) ages ago? or learnt the spell already?

Any help would be greatly appreciated This problem is really bugging me!!
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:23 am
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Damn sorry about that pointless post, just read the manual and i see that i need 2 stones that i havent even seen yet!!! I guess i'll be best off starting the game over and try to find more items this time.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:52 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First of all Welcome to the RPGDot. I will suggest you do two things. One is download and install the latest patch if you haven't done it already. Second is you might want to download the PDF file in the support files section of the Arx site and print it. There is one problem with this game and it is that there is poor ingame direction for what to do next. It is hard enough at times, and if you do mess some stuff up, you mess up the quests that could give you extra exps. As for the telekenesis you will find scrolls for that before getting the runes to cast it. You did put your runes in the spell book didn't you? If not need to so you can see what spells you can cast. You can come back to this one later so don't worry, but don't forget to get it. You may find the scroll or be able to buy one soon. If you really want exact places, post and I will tell you. But I don't like to give more details than you wanted. Again, welcome to the boards.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:59 am
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the advice, Ive just been reading some of the info in that PDF, very usefull indeed I decided to restart the game in the end, i think it was a good choice though, i have twice the amount of items i had in my other game and ive only just surfaced into the Human Outpost.

I guess i was just underestimating the depth of the game before, partially because of its linear nature, and i think now i will have a better idea of how much searching etc.. i need to do. No doubt i will be using the PDF ALOT though, Im just not smart enough to predict all the things i need to do for getting all the extra Stones and items lol.

Absolutely fantastic game though so far, best game ive played since Morrowind -possibly better in fact, especially after the patch (thanks for the suggestion).

I have a habit of picking up on great games like this after theyve been out for like 5 years . I did the same thing with Thief I&II, Deus Ex and a few others, its amazing what quality games you can pick up on budget.

Anyway thanks again for the help, this is a really great forum
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:00 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I agree with you on this being a great game. And as for using the PDF, it is a must with this game IMHO. And even with it there are so many things you have to learn for yourself, and so many ways to do stuff, depending on your characters skills that it is still very much a challenge. I played it about 9 times and did stuff differently each time. There are tons of ideas here in the boards, so read up for some hints. That is my only other bit of advice. Have fun. And feel free to ask and share anytime.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:19 pm
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks. What a friendly board this is I will have to come here more often.
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:09 pm