How do I learn the circles?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Locutus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How do I learn the circles?

I’m playing G2 for the 2nd time, this time as a Paladin and I’m in Chapter 3. I played G1 so I know about the magic circles. I don’t know how to learn the magic circles and how to get runes. I have a couple of runes already (fear and healing), but I can’t use them because I’m still in Circle 0.
1) I assume Albrecht is the one who will teach me the circles and give me my runes. Is that correct?
2) I talked to Albrecht. He gave me a choice between “path of combat” and “path of healing”. Do I choose one of these each time I talk to him or do I choose one path for the rest of the game?
3) When I spoke to Albrecht the first time, I chose “path of combat”, but he said I was not worthy to receive a rune. Why not? I had 10 XP points to spend. What do I have to do to be worthy of getting a rune?
4) I’m currently in circle 0. How do I learn the other circles?

Thanks
Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Re: How do I learn the circles?

quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
I’m playing G2 for the 2nd time, this time as a Paladin and I’m in Chapter 3. I played G1 so I know about the magic circles. I don’t know how to learn the magic circles and how to get runes. I have a couple of runes already (fear and healing), but I can’t use them because I’m still in Circle 0.
1) I assume Albrecht is the one who will teach me the circles and give me my runes. Is that correct?
2) I talked to Albrecht. He gave me a choice between “path of combat” and “path of healing”. Do I choose one of these each time I talk to him or do I choose one path for the rest of the game?
3) When I spoke to Albrecht the first time, I chose “path of combat”, but he said I was not worthy to receive a rune. Why not? I had 10 XP points to spend. What do I have to do to be worthy of getting a rune?
4) I’m currently in circle 0. How do I learn the other circles?

Thanks

First of all: because you are a paladin you can not learn the circles or use any premade normal runes. Those runes can be only used by a mage. Paladin's magic is a whole different thing. Paladin runes are grey and mage runes are blue.

1) Yes he will teach you the paladin runes.

2) yes you need to choose in beetween those two paths everytime you wish to get a rune. However nothing will stop you if you want to learn both paths.

The path of combat means the paladin attack runes. The first rune you can get is called the holy arrow. It works only against the EVIL creatures such as orcs, seekers, skeletons etc. So don't be surprised that you can not do any damage againts normal animals such wolfves or humans with it.
The path of healing means obviously the healing spells.

Also the first rune you allready got is called the holy light. I belive you should have it in your inventory. It gives light to dark areas.

3) Yes you have the required ten skillpoints for getting rune, but you are not simply worthy of receiving the runes. Paladins get their magic runes because of their deeds as a reward. So If you have played gothic 2 through once, i belive this won't spoil you. So once you have fixed and recharged the eye of innos in the stone circle. Go and talk to Albrecht again about the runes. Then you will be worthy of receiving your first attack and healing rune

4) Like said above you can't. Only firemages can learn magic circles and use and make runes such as fireball, fear etc. Paladins can only use their holy magic runes.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:40 pm