View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

stuck in this dwarven mine

hi.

so far, great game, been playing a very long time too, but i'm stuck and need some help.

ok, i just found out that i was the "guardian" at the meeting at the table, so now i had to find a "meteor". anyway, i think i went a little too far down looking for this meteor because eventually, i reached this dwarven mine.

i was chased by this hellhound, but got the hints from the board on how to beat it (it was quite hard), anyway, i'm caved in. i'm now near those two mashers where i can make swords and stuff.

after being stuck for very long, i came here reading about making a "mithril" sword", but where is this koltk powder at? i never saw any anywhere.

thanks.
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:46 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You are way ahead of where you need to be in the game. Go back to the teleporter and activate it and get to level three or five. Won't matter as the place you want to end up at is the tavern by the outpost again. Talk to them and go from there.

Spoiler for the kolkt powder, which you will make yourself later, is below.

Spoiler:
The powder comes from your destroying the meteor in the temple there below the tavern.

Mark Twain
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:15 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Cm
You are way ahead of where you need to be in the game. Go back to the teleporter and activate it and get to level three or five. Won't matter as the place you want to end up at is the tavern by the outpost again. Talk to them and go from there.[/spoiler]

ok, i found a way out of the mines, thanks.

now go to either level 3 or 5? i didn't see anything on level 3 regarding the meteor so i'll try level 5. i went to the tavern by the way, and no one told me anything at all. also, i didn't know the password to get in the door either, and the door on the outside of the tavern is locked. i'll keep searching.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:33 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You need to find the password now. That is where you should be if I understand you right. Talk to all in the tavern and the castle and the city as well. I just meant level 3 or 5 so you can get to four. That password room is your next goal. Post if you can't get it solved.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:06 am
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

or you could kill the bartender and get the keys off her

of course that would mean you'd have to kill everyone else in the bar, unless you go invisible and blow her with a fireball or incineration spell..

and also i think if u use the key to unlock the door instead of giving a password, the ylside guard will attack you..
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:52 am
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i guess u could just steal the key off her if you're a good thief too..
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:01 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thanks, i've been able to get far from here. i've cleared out the entire temple, got 3 akbaa rocks, and now i've returned and all.

i'm now on the crypt level, and searching for the shield for the rebels. i'm a little stuck here, on the second level. i've gotten to the body of the dead zombie hunter, and i found the 131 code to pull the levers in that order.

the problem is, where are the three levers? there is one room (the room on the far left when you're facing the porticills) which is locked, but i haven't found any key for that room. do you know where it is? i've searched for about 60 minutes, hehe.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:02 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

good news, figured out the crypt and all. heh. \

boy, this game is something else, hard but fun. these people are puzzle fantatics, huh?

say, there wouldn't happen to be a game editor or anything for arx? i'd love to see what other things people have made for the game, or make something myself if i have time.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Glad you are getting through the game. To my knowledge no editor out there. There was a Viewer pak at one time, but I haven't heard about that for well over a year, and it was buggy at best for the few who tried it.

One quick guestion, and I may be repeating myself, but if you are playing pc, did you install the patch? You may not find one of the Akbba stones if you don't.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:46 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Cm
Glad you are getting through the game. To my knowledge no editor out there. There was a Viewer pak at one time, but I haven't heard about that for well over a year, and it was buggy at best for the few who tried it.

One quick guestion, and I may be repeating myself, but if you are playing pc, did you install the patch? You may not find one of the Akbba stones if you don't.

i have the pc version with patch 1.17.

i guess i missed one of the akbba stones in the temple? i can go back and take a look maybe.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:12 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

No you are fine. I just like to remind folks to get it if they haven't. The missing one is always at the end of the game. You seem to have all under control.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:15 pm