Oliver's treasure hunt *spoiler*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Oliver's treasure hunt *spoiler*

I cannot recover the key for the treasure hunt.

I have all of the notes, including the stone. The final clue says: The key to the treasure is on level 3, use object you used in order to find clue #4 in south east corner.

Ok! I am in the south east corner on the walkway in a cubbie hole under a hanging ladder. I have "used" the shovel everywhere.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the spot for the key is? Or does anyone have a screenshot?

Thanks in advance, ~T
Post Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:20 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I had exactly the same problem in exactly the same area. I was never able to work that out. I'll be interested too. Only thing I couldn't complete.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:00 am
Pusanite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Specific instructions here!

Take the waypoint (teleporter) to map level 3. Using your book, open to the map representing level 3. Now spin yourself (the red arrow) around on the teleport until the pointy part of the red arrow points to "2 o'clock".
I took a screen print of the dig site based on this specific angle. (You will know you are looking at it from the same perspective as my screen shot IF your hand cursor highlights the teleport "window" that leads to level 4.)

Once you have the same perspective as my screen print, you will see where you need to "use" the shovel: I drew a red circle. It is not an "evilly specific" point, just anywhere along that section under the ladder will cause the key to pop out of the ground.

Remember that to "use" the shovel, you should display it in your inventory screen, then hover your hand-cursor over it and press the "F" key. That is how to use the shovel on the spot you are standing.

As for the screen print, I have posted it on my homepage and will leave it there for a few months. You may need to put the picture through an editor to lighten it, but the red circle (digging site) is very clear. The picture is at : http: // members.shaw.ca / pusanite / dighere.jpg
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:29 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Good Lord. . . . . . . . Corwin, do exactly what he says. Hover your pointer over the shovel and use the "F" key in that spot.

I don't believe it! LOL! It worked! I had the spot correct, I just didn't "use" the shovel correctly. I was double-clicking when I should have been "F"-ing. LOL!

Thank you soooooo much! WoooooooHoooooooooo! I got the key!!!!!!!! Now! If only I remember where the treasure chest was.

~T
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:01 am
Absidian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Specific instructions here!

quote:
Originally posted by Pusanite
Take the waypoint (teleporter) to map level 3. Using your book, open to the map representing level 3. Now spin yourself (the red arrow) around on the teleport until the pointy part of the red arrow points to "2 o'clock".
I took a screen print of the dig site based on this specific angle. (You will know you are looking at it from the same perspective as my screen shot IF your hand cursor highlights the teleport "window" that leads to level 4.)

Once you have the same perspective as my screen print, you will see where you need to "use" the shovel: I drew a red circle. It is not an "evilly specific" point, just anywhere along that section under the ladder will cause the key to pop out of the ground.

Remember that to "use" the shovel, you should display it in your inventory screen, then hover your hand-cursor over it and press the "F" key. That is how to use the shovel on the spot you are standing.

As for the screen print, I have posted it on my homepage and will leave it there for a few months. You may need to put the picture through an editor to lighten it, but the red circle (digging site) is very clear. The picture is at : http: // members.shaw.ca / pusanite / dighere.jpg

I tried to access this page this morning and it was unable to load. Is the picture still up on the net?
Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:01 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Absidian, if you are having problems "finding" the key you may want to try the "F" key in the spot spoken of above.

That was a big issue for me. I was all over that spot but tried to "get"the key the wrong way.

Good luck ~T
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:18 am
Absidian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Temptress
Absidian, if you are having problems "finding" the key you may want to try the "F" key in the spot spoken of above.

That was a big issue for me. I was all over that spot but tried to "get"the key the wrong way.

Good luck ~T

I tried that after I read this post and I got the key right off. Thanks for the help!
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:28 pm