Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The magicians Poll.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

who's the strongest one of these magicians?
Y'berrion
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Corristo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Satrus
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Xardas
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Thread
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Typo after typo. The strongest one is propably Xardas.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:37 pm
bibex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

let's see...

I say Ur'Shak! Ur'Shak frieeeend... well to be serious I vote Xardas.
But is not fun.
Y' Berion... well he is lying like a dead meat a good part of the game so...
how evil is that? Unless he is starting to stink that's evil ok.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:15 pm
NuKe
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Xardas, hands down.
1. He would let some idiot like gomez kill him.
2. He doesn't smoke weed and pray to some demon lord.
3. He doesn't think he can blow up ore to destroy a barrier.
4. He has the coolest robe.
Come to Liberty City, The Worst place in America, but will make a fine usergroup!
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:07 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
After reading 7 pages of this, I now feel that I just have to pop up the magic answer(drum solo.. prrrr):
And the winner of the best magician award goes tooooooo:
Xardas
Reason:
It is stated in the game that Pyrokar and Xardas are the two most powerful magicians on Khorinis. Xardas was even a member of the High Counsil of Fire before he left to make the barrier. Before Xardas became a Necromancer, he was the leader of all the magicians in the colony, and the most powerful among them, and even Saturas and Corristo were under him. Xardas is the ONLY magician in the Colony with the 6th circle(he, Pyrokar, and the superwatermage in the city of Khorinis are the only 3 on Khorinis in the 6th circle) and he tells the player when you are a magician that "only special magicians who are given a sign can join the highest, and most powerful of the circles, the 6th circle, yours is the unification of the elements". What his "sign" was is hard to say, but he is by far the most powerful magician within the barrier. He knows every spell the other magicians know, and more.

Besides which, pyrokinisis doesn't work on him, and neither does ice block. With the necromancer robe you do not take damage from these spells. Try to wear one when you face Cor Kalom, and you'll see that you don't even lose a single hitpoint.

I am sure we all know this, i made this topic from the start to see how much can we compare other magicians to Xardas, If Xardas is that strong, why doesn't he go and kill the sleeper, he has the powers doesn't he? It is maybe a 1 wrong thing in the game, if you have an explanation, plz. post it.

quote:
Best camp:
Old Camp
Reason:
Most people. Due to their high number of soldiers and other people they would win a war with either one of the other camps. This is clearly stated by Diego as you start the game "the old camp is the oldest and the biggest of the 3 camps".

You are saying this After or Before the mine collapsed(e.i. it is the strongest after or before the collapse), if after, then you are wrong, cuz they no longer have those megicians, they lost miltena dn diego, and the sect loonies can eat them with both their magic and their swords, so much as the new camp.

quote:
Best fighters:
Templars
Reason:
Only ones with 2 handed weapons, which have higher damage than any of the other soldiers' weapons. As for ranged attacks, they have spells, which do far more damage than any crossbow. Templars can learn up to level 4, which means they can get Firestorm. A crossbow may attack faster, but doesn't do nearly the same damage.

But a crossbow can stop the spell's charging, also, you gotta read the topic madea bout 1h and 2h weapons, so you can judge what is better.
quote:
Originally posted by bibex

Y' Berion... well he is lying like a dead meat a good part of the game so...
how evil is that? Unless he is starting to stink that's evil ok.

He was killed by the sleeper, wasn't he, Xardas slept for being near the sleepr without the sleeper doing anything to him.

[quote="Xardas, hands down.
1. He would let some idiot like gomez kill him.
2. He doesn't smoke weed and pray to some demon lord.
3. He doesn't think he can blow up ore to destroy a barrier.
4. He has the coolest robe.[/quote]
So??
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:50 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

So many things, I don't know where to begin..........OH WAIT!, Yes I do! You are wrong X-dANGEr.

Xardas is the strongest magician...period...nothing to discuss
The Old camp is stronger because of MANPOWER, before or after the mine
collapse. The have more men to start with, and they WILL fight instead of
smoking swampweed and kicking back. Do a head count before and after
A crossbow can be dodged, and a spell can be dodged. If you dodge half, you WILL die from the spells and survive the crossbows.
The loony leader was weak...end of story.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:26 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Hey! I noticed this when doing the "orc conflict" (check the post)

The templars are the best fighters in the colony. They are better than Torlof or other. They are fast and furious.
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:48 am
NuKe
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr

So??

so xardas is the most powerful because the old camp is sitting around doing nothing, the new camp are pyromaniacs, and the sect camp are lunatic potheads. Xardas was the overseer of the barrier, and he was the only one who knew what went wrong. That's why.
Come to Liberty City, The Worst place in America, but will make a fine usergroup!
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:39 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well maybe the hero didn't fall asleep and xardas did because of the magic ore armor. That armor kept you also alive when you were laying under a collapsed temple
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:12 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by titus
well maybe the hero didn't fall asleep and xardas did because of the magic ore armor. That armor kept you also alive when you were laying under a collapsed temple

This is strange! I also didn't fall asleep when i went in there in the black arts of magic rope :S /.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:34 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It wasnt because of the armor. Xardas was just tired when he used all his powers to teleport in the temple.

And i think that the temple is surrounded by a strong magic force which makes it difficult to teleport. That means Xardas is the most powerful because he had the necessary guts to do it
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

If you follow teh plot then it is obvious that Xardas wins, hands down. The games (G1 and 2) all make a point of stressing how powerful he is. The others are powerful, but he is on a whole other level.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8