Making bank key
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Making bank key

I'm in the dwarf mines and I'm trying to make the bank key but when I hit the switch for making the bars nothing comes out. Do I need two chunks of metal instead of one (walkthrough says one)? Also, how do I make another chunk of metal if that is the case? Thanks
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You got the mold I assume. It is one metal and one gold bar to make the key. It should work for you. You need the power orb to start the forge. Extra ones were in the mine tunnels. Hope that helps.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:34 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Forge has power orb and I have 1 metal and 1 gold bar but when I hit the switch Ahm Sheagar says "somethings wrong". I'm ready to take on the ylside bunker and was wanting to do some other things before going, even forged the meteor sword there. I'll keep tryin, thanks for the reply.
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:51 pm
Angrandir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yesterday I finished Arx for the second time and two days ago for the first time made the bank key, so I still remember that I used TWO PIECES OF METAL (no gold). Unfortunately only later I discovered that I was playing some hybrid version of Arx - I installed 1.13 version from the original CD and replaced 1.13 original ARX.EXE with a 1.17 cracked (no-cd) one, but data2.pak was still the original one (1.13 version), so I encountered some very old bugs (indestructible giant worm rather surprised me) and missed some content (saving/killing Lord Inut), and what I describe here might not be a "normal" behaviour. As for the bank key, sometimes I threw some chunk (metal, gold, or mithril when I was making a saber) into the oven and it simply disappeared before pressing the lever, I jumped desperately on the oven and looked inside and it really was not there nor lying anywhere around. So I recommend checking whether really two pieces of something (metal/metal or metal/gold) are inside, placed in the relative middle of the container if possible and keep trying.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:32 am
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

I found a bar of metal in the ylside bunker and went back to the mines and it worked. The walthrough also said to use a bar of gold but after the bank key was made the gold bar was still in the machine, go figure. Finished the game, now going to get Gothic 2 Gold. Thanks for the replies.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:07 pm