Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
!!!!!A new release date about addon!!!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

!!!!!A new release date about addon!!!!!!!

We have a new release date about gothic 2 night of raven from cd-project.Today 7/7/04 cd-project has change the day to 26/8/04.
What the hell we will lose our patience?@
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:16 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Dont worry about it man. It will come out eventualy.

There is no point getting all upset about it, that wont help.

Just forget about it and play something else, and before you know it it will be out...
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:41 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

the english speaking world got put on hold for the original gothic 2 and everyone whined about it, what makes u think that whining now will help anything?
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:54 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

MUST... HAVE..... ADDON!!!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:12 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: !!!!!A new release date about addon!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie
We have a new release date about gothic 2 night of raven from cd-project.Today 7/7/04 cd-project has change the day to 26/8/04.
What the hell we will lose our patience?@

Don't worry about ti Gorath does this search about the realise dates.Also think when it will come and if it come in Greece.
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:57 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I no longer care!

After month's of NO response from the distributors, and NO replies too inquiries...I downloaded the german version, installed the translator, and have been playing. PB already got paid, but because of their indifference to honest gamers, the distributors can kiss my arse.

This could have been easily avioded if they would stay in touch with their customers, share a little info, and do what they say. If I ran a business like they do, I would be homeless.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:46 am
group1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I prefer the German addon anyway.

Rather they spend time working on Gothic 3
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:00 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well, I'll wait for the original English addon. I have an English G2 so also want an english addon. But in the meantime I'll just play something else. I just downloaded the Sacred demo, looks very good.
However, G3 will be german for me right from the start, this way I won't have to worry about any addons, patches, buggy english versions etc.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:41 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Who knows if it comes out.There is a year since it has been realised and the dev know about the transilation here in rpgdot.If it comes out it will come in Greece too Jackie don't worry.
In the meantime I'm waiting for black and white 2 or something else.But this year was my worst for pc games.I hated it.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:35 pm
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by group1
I prefer the German addon anyway.

Rather they spend time working on Gothic 3

Since the English expansion is completely done, all they're doing now is getting ready to release it. I don't believe that it's stopping them in any way, shape or form from continuing to work on Gothic 3.

I'm with Sem. I'm waiting for the English voices myself. I really do admire what the hard working fans have done with the translation, but being a native English speaking individual, and being really big on immersion, I can't have it any other way I'm afraid. I'm finishing up Gothic1 right now.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:48 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
But this year was my worst for pc games.I hated it.

Your right, this year has completely sucked so far. Well Apart from UT2K4 & Far Cry...

We are only half way through though. Still plenty of time to make up for it.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:51 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You guys should consider trying that gothic 1 mod... it is really great. i'm enjoying it much more than the g2 expansion....
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:30 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I had the Gothic 2 UK version and now that the US version is out I got it.
I was surprised to find that much of the poor translation in the UK version had been fixed in the US release either by Atari or at least at Atari's request.
I bitched and moaned for the longest time about how Atari was stalling and delaying Gothic 2 US release, now that I have it I see they were at least a catylist for improvement.
Also I have come to realize that much of the delay and poor press seems to be Piranha Bytes fault.
Did anyone EVER see 1 single, Piranha Bytes dev give an interview during the 3 or so months before the US release to a SINGLE English, to speaking Gaming Website, help promote.
Im not saying it didnt happen, I just didnt see it and I looked.
How long would it take to help promote thier game with at least an Email interview to an English speaking site, 30 minutes?
Fact is while I am certianly not taking up for Atarti, its just im starting to see Piranha Bytes lack of intrest and cold shoulder type of attiude towards English speaking gamers.

Anyone else notice the much improved translation in the US version ?
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:43 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Aclaceious,

I have both UK and US versions. While I did notice that they fixed all the journal-inGerman bugs and a few other conversation bugs, the overall
text seemed the same across UK and US.

Also, the UK translation did not seem bad to me at all. Yes, there were some cases of awkward word choices and such. But beleive me, I've seen much worse.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:13 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: I no longer care!

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
After month's of NO response from the distributors, and NO replies too inquiries...I downloaded the german version, installed the translator, and have been playing. PB already got paid, but because of their indifference to honest gamers, the distributors can kiss my arse.

This could have been easily avioded if they would stay in touch with their customers, share a little info, and do what they say. If I ran a business like they do, I would be homeless.

Neat all the colorfull reasons people drum up to justify stealing.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:26 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next