Usergroups
install the addon on english version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Tarent
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi, sorry to bring back an old post but I have a question that directly involves stuff from this one.

Ok, I got the game (GREAT!), but I cant get that 1.30 german exe. I've tried putting it in the command line just as stated but I get an error saying "gothic2_130_de.exe is not recognizable as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

And I tried the other suggestion of putting it on the desktop and going into the properties and typing it in there, but there I get an error saying can not put certain symbols in file name and the / is one of them, any suggestions?

Thanks
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:13 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hi there, Tarent! Welcome to the forums. We hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Not sure my instructions will work, but here it is:
  1. Place the file on your desktop.
  2. Click on Start button, click Run...
  3. Click Browse..., and you'll see the following window: <removed>
  4. Keep pressing Up One Level (see above, red arrow), until it becomes disabled.
  5. Select the patch file.
  6. Click Open.
  7. From the Open text bar, you will see something like this: "C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe\Desktop\Gothic2_130_de.exe"
  8. AFTER the double quotation mark, add /X. So, your command line will be: "C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe\Desktop\Gothic2_130_de.exe" /X
  9. Click OK

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:07 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I bet he forgot to add a space between the .exe and /x.
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:23 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Actually, I think he put the /X inside the quotation...

He seems to be pretty confused on his first post. Notice he tries to add the switch by renaming the file. Better give him full instructions before he gives up.
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:30 am
Tarent
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Haha, that was so simple it was almost sad.... I hate to admit it but if theres a problem with anything on my computer I just tend to sit at it and look dumb, really dont know anything about 'em and I just about grew up with 'em

THANKS!! really appreciate it, see ya.
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:07 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Glad to see it's solved! No worries, all of us had this problem at least once.

You wouldn't mind if I get rid of the pic, right?
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:32 am
ionutzs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey guys i have a problem. done everything u've said but while instaling the NDR add-on "Please insert the original G2-NDR cd" appears in german; what can i do?
Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:11 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey i followed the steps above, it and that "next button in german lighted up, i was like wow. But then my fun was over , some error poped up saying "plz insert original gothic 2 cd" in german. I dont know what to do, can you guys help me plz
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:02 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

the only way that could have happened would be if the game started after you installed the patch/addon etc...

just press cancel, and go on with the steps we descirbed in here.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:39 am
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cathyso, this error pops up after i click the "next" button in german, it pops up during the installation, so there is no way for me to continue with the installation of the addon.

Can you help me plz?
I am so lost

I have been waiting for so long to play this game, now that i finally have it, it wont install, its so IRONIC
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:38 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hmm

ok, again (i really hope this is the LAST time when it will be needed to explain this):

1) install Gothic 2, no matter if it's the english or the german one. if you have Gothic 2 gold version (which contains the Gothic 2 game AND its Die Nacht des Raben addon alrerady patched to v 2.6), you need to skip points 2) and 3), and go directly to the point 4)
2) install the german gothic 2 patch version 3.0. if you're installing it over the english version, you'll need to add the /X to its command line to can start it in extract mode, otherwise it will detect you are trying to install it over the wrong Gothic 2 version. the simple way to do this is to make a shortcut for the 3.0 german gothic 2 patch on your desktop, and edit that shortcut adding in the end (after the .exe part), the /X part (or maybe \X, i don't remember well right now)
3) install the Gothic 2 Die Nacht des Raben patch v2.6
4) install the latest G2 DNdR ETM version, which is v1.0
5) eventually install the nocd exe for the german G2 addon v 2.6 patch if you don't want to play with your original CD inserted in your CDROM
6) play the damn game

hope this really helps!
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:34 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry Cathyso i didnt mean to make you angy, but you are not getting my problem. I should have been more specific.
It's not that i cant play NDR, i cant even install it. I unstalled the 1.30 german patch. Then started to install Gothic 2 DNDR, where it says to chose the game directory. I chose my gothic 2 dircetory, the german "next" button appears, I click on it. It starts to install the addon. But then an error pops up, that it cant find my gothic 2 dndr cd.

I dont know what to do, it just cant find my cd, dont know whats wrong
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:44 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This is a typical copy protection problem. You got the installation right, but the check for the original CD fails. Now you have to find out why the installer thinks you donīt have an original.
Do you have a firewall running in the background or any program which creates virtual drives? How old are your chipset drivers? When did you last run a virus scanner or check for spyware?
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:58 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gorath, thx for replying

I just did a virus and spyware check, and i dont have any spyware or viruses

My computer is about 1 year old so i figure the chipset drives are about the same

I have Daemon Tools, program which creates virtual drives. Do you think i should uninstall it?

And i am sort of new to computers and i dont know how to check if i have firewall on.

So can you help me bro?

I really wanna play the game
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:43 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Daemon tools could be it. If you have the time first disable all virtual drives and try again. If this doesnīt work completely uninstall Daemon Tools.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:28 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next