My Next Party
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My Next Party

I already have the idea I'm going to use with my next party...might be difficult. The party I have now is somewhat physical based. I only have a Bishop and an Alchemist, and I seem to be doing well. Next game, I hope to try:

Ranger - Can fight somewhat, and searches for stuff
Bishop
Mage
Priest
Alchemist
Psioncist

Any thoughts? Am I insane for trying this?
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:35 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Have fun getting to level 10.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:37 am
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I shall notify you upon my ascention to level 10.
I'm very persistant. I actually started the game just now because I'm bored. Nothing wrong with having two games going at once.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:24 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

quote:
Originally posted by psyborg
I shall notify you upon my ascention to level 10.
I'm very persistant. I actually started the game just now because I'm bored. Nothing wrong with having two games going at once.

Absolutely not...I, for one, have had multiple games going at one time. I know several others that have had 3-5 games going on. I wish I could devote that much time to the game!!
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:05 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I have always only one game that I currently play. And it is not really matter of time. I am not able to live with more than one game or more than one party in one time, I just stick with current, live with it, breath with it... .
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:14 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I certainly lack the brains to run multiple RPGs or even multiple parties within one RPG. I start getting confused about who's doing what. That's part of why I decided to put MM9 on the shelf for a while...
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:16 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't mind playing the Mage game at the same time because I'm going to need to play it slow, and build skills, so whenever I get bored and just want to go around killing stuff, I can play that. I used to have a "code" where I'd only play one RPG at a time...but I can't hold myself to that anymore. Hence, I have games going of Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 5, and well both of those games kinda took a back seat when I got Wizardry 8
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:44 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Psyborg's proposed party

I like your idea for a magic heavy party (see first post in this thread), but I saw 1 thing I didn't like - no lock picking character. I'm on my first time through the game using a bard (currently I'm in Rapax area, and Kardios the bard is about level 22 with a 78% lock pick skill), and wonder how someone would get through the game the first time without some thieving skills. Divine trap and knock-knock didn't work out well for me.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:32 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Bilbo I walked trought without lockipicking character, even without items that increase this skill. I had strong fighter and all locked (not with card) doors can be forced .
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:35 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Psyborg's only real fighter would be the ranger. Does class matter when forcing a door, or is it just strength? I'm not sure, as I haven't had to force any locks. But I suspect class may play a role in chance of success to force.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think that it depends only on strenght.
My ragner ussually had half chance to force doors than my fighter.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:42 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I actually did substitute out the Bishop for the Bard just because I couldn't decide what to make the Bishop specialize in, and because I thought about needing a lock-picking character. But the Bard still goes with my magic theme, I thought that the Bard was an all-around magic character because of the instruments, and he can also fight when needed.

I also have a very odd formation that I'm using since I can't decide who to put where.

(It wouldn't let me draw out the diagram)
Ranger and Bard in Front.
Priest in Right
Alchemist in Left
Mage and Psionicist in Rear

I made sure the two strongest fighters were up front, and that the characters that could heal were in the middle to protect them somewhat...otherwise I didn't really know how to make it.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:29 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, little bit difficult to make good formation from party like that. You lack real fighters that are best to first row.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:56 am
Shadow_Fyre
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I also will be starting a four magic user party soon (Mage, Alc, Priest, Psi). The front row, however will have a lizzy fighter and probably a thief for lockpicking.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:52 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've decided to start again with a new party. (I still have my killer party that's near the endgame, I just wanted a little change of pace.) My new party is:
1) Samurai
2) Ninja
3) Monk
4) Valkyrie
5) Gadgeteer
6) Bishop
My theories for this party are:
1) Try out new classes (only repeat is the monk)
2) Have two of every type of spell caster
3) Thieving and gadget ability
4) Sufficient tanks for fighting
I'm up to level 3, about to go to level 4. Only character I really miss right now is my priest! Low level bishops don't cut it.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 7:01 am