Orc / Snapper baiting!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Orc / Snapper baiting!

Anyone else have loads of fun bringing orcs down from north of the Old Camp, or Snappers from above the New Camp, and letting them wreak havoc among the townsfolk ? I've gotten so good at it I can reliably do it without any cheats with a character who could be killed in one hit-- I suppose it's an exploit, for all the free equipment you get, but it's hilariously fun, and a great showcase of the game's really flexible AI.

I love how all the gate guards at the New Camp run like hell when they see the Snappers coming

I also did an uber baiting once, a long time ago. I scared one of Yberion's fan-maidens by swinging a sword at her (I knew she was invulnerable!), then followed her as she ran out of the camp and all the way back to the Old Camp in the middle of the night. By the time we got there, we were being chased by four scavengers, two wolves, one shadowbeast and possibly a few lizards tagging far behind -- I had one screenshot (no screen capture app at the time), but have lost it since then, and now have a much worse video card so I definatly couldn't pull a stunt like that off .

So... am I the only one to think that's really fun ?
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:23 am
IceC
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No i dont think you the only one who thinks that its funny.
My stunt was at the end of the game when get the firemages warp spell and get "ambushed" by gomez' peeps. anywayas i killed all the people around the monastary i summoned 2 armys of darkness couldnt do more as now there was 20 skeletons running around and duron 800 was saying no. Anyway i cleared out the throne room and let the woman run around. It was funny how the skeletons would regroup and charge after the three woman who would scream as ran around. And the best bit was "herding the shadows and diggers into the area of the front gate and then putting them on fire. i still got the save game somewhere and i play it sometimes when i want to amuse myself
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:45 pm
Wings of Wrath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And I thought bringing the Dam Lurker into the New Camp bar and watching the havok from the roof was a singular exploit.... I must do better! (an army of orcs would seem just right for the same)
Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:58 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

This thread brings back some great memories

I always save the camps for the very end, before going to deal with the sleeper. 3-4 Army of darkness, a few demons, and a golem or too thrown in makes for one funny show at each camp But nothing beats unleashing an Army of darkness in a mine........too dam funny. I won't say about it....you should see it for yourself. If you want a GOOD battle scene, do the same at the fog tower You will have a bunch of skeles around you, not knowing if the are yours or not, then one will hit you and all hell breaks loose lol.

I am seriously laughing right now as I think about it! Thanks for the thread.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:06 am