DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Indeed
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:38 am
Clueless
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sry about that link Gorath i didnt think to remove it from the quote ..
And my point is not to promote or support wares in anyway i just wanted to give some hope to all of us who ar waiting for the retail.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:41 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I checked that stuf out. They WRONGLY named the same old GERMAN 'patches' 1.0, 2.5a, and 2.6 as being ENGLISH.

They are all the same released around October, 2003. There is NOTHING to this except someone renamed thier zip files as ENGLISH when it is actually only GERMAN so do not waste your time.

I have a whole set of tools, the files are indentical, they refer to the old same German 'patches'.

I repeat -It is NO good. False. Mis-labled. Do not use them or you get bad a hidden virus - Thre is no leak; it is a honey pot to wreck your computer for would be thieves.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:09 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe indeed cos so many ppl are waiting for the addon and all they used some knowlege how to spread theyr backdoors or viris to ur pc. there is no beta and if there is a translated G2A then the only copy is probably by PB themself
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:31 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I came across a cracked .exe a time ago but come lets all be a true fan and buy this game

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:25 pm
Clueless
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
I checked that stuf out. They WRONGLY named the same old GERMAN 'patches' 1.0, 2.5a, and 2.6 as being ENGLISH.

They are all the same released around October, 2003. There is NOTHING to this except someone renamed thier zip files as ENGLISH when it is actually only GERMAN so do not waste your time.

I have a whole set of tools, the files are indentical, they refer to the old same German 'patches'.

I repeat -It is NO good. False. Mis-labled. Do not use them or you get bad a hidden virus - Thre is no leak; it is a honey pot to wreck your computer for would be thieves.

There is only 1 NoCdPatch there labeled Eng and its v1.0 Wasnt Tnotr released as V2.5 or summit in germany(no idea really ..just thought i read it somewhere)? And the aforementioned site doesnt date their releases, so just how did u check it out?

edit: Regardless lets all take freakie`s advice and buy the game, as its creators has earned our money and respect.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:37 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

AYE, AYE!

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:54 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do not want to give away alot of info where this stuff is; but there is more than just that 'one' v1.0 ENG that is described.

It links to somewhere else where you find ALL three 'patches' described as ENG with 1.0; 2.5a; and 2.6 (the most wanted latest). They are only for the German -they are mislabled.

Go ahead and try it out on your game, be ready to back up your OS and maybe only your EXE if you are lucky.

Use a hex editor and examine them as I did, you will see it is just the **** for the patched German version's 1.0, 2.5a, 2.6 MISLABELED as ENG by someone who is mirroring them on his site to get some kind of notierity.

Plus maybe you get something else along with it for being curious. A honey pot is a fruit to tempt you to eat; and like a worm on the hook -your infected with a nasty virus.

So I say, this is all BS and do not mess with them. IF you want a **** go to a good place with a reputation. Many of the real ones have been already shut down.

There is no indication of a leaked version of English NotR via that site or the bogus mislabled **** they offer. They do this to get you excited to download and try it out -and they go after your game and maybe OS system is ruined.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:21 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Simple as that indeed leave those shjits there where they belong
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:02 pm
Clueless
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
I do not want to give away alot of info where this stuff is; but there is more than just that 'one' v1.0 ENG that is described.

It links to somewhere else where you find ALL three 'patches' described as ENG with 1.0; 2.5a; and 2.6 (the most wanted latest). They are only for the German -they are mislabled.

Go ahead and try it out on your game, be ready to back up your OS and maybe only your EXE if you are lucky.

Use a hex editor and examine them as I did, you will see it is just the **** for the patched German version's 1.0, 2.5a, 2.6 MISLABELED as ENG by someone who is mirroring them on his site to get some kind of notierity.

Plus maybe you get something else along with it for being curious. A honey pot is a fruit to tempt you to eat; and like a worm on the hook -your infected with a nasty virus.

So I say, this is all BS and do not mess with them. IF you want a **** go to a good place with a reputation. Many of the real ones have been already shut down.

There is no indication of a leaked version of English NotR via that site or the bogus mislabled **** they offer. They do this to get you excited to download and try it out -and they go after your game and maybe OS system is ruined.

I never said the site had anything to do with the beta other than hosting a crack for it.
Are you sure we are talking about the same site here?
When you click the link for the 1.0vEng you are taken to their download section where you can choose from several different mirrors to download the file, not " ALL three 'patches' described as ENG with 1.0; 2.5a; and 2.6"
This is also one of the largest and most trusted sites for that kind of thing.
I crack all my games cus i HATE having to find/change cds everytime i want to play some thing different, and i allways get the crack`s off that site.
Have been doing so for several years now whitout any problems.
Where in a hex (insert line/row here) would you see that it is for the german verson and not Eng?
Ive played around with SoftIce/Windissassembly and Ultra Edit<-(as u suggested) and found no indication that there is anything bogus about the 1.0Eng as far as any trojans and the like is conserned.
So no..I believe the beta is real and the tetail WILL show up in stores soon dammitt! : P

Come to think of it i also believed Daikatana would kick arse..
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The file is mis-labeled. It is the old German cracks EXE for v1.0; 2.5a; 2.6.

Use a hex editor and look into them, it is for the German game and they are the sequencial patches. They would not make an English crack for 2.5a now would they? Dated back in October 2003.

I have a copy of the german + add-on EXE e-mailed to me about 6 months ago for v1.0 GERMAN+Raven and it it the same except for the COP has been taken off.

They are just mirroring the three cracked EXE for each patched GERMAN version of the add-on. They mistakenly have it labled ENG which it is not.

I can not change your mind, that is how I see it differently. We will have to agree to dis-agree. Do not lose any sleep over it.

I tell everyone it has an evil hidden virus to distract people from using them. I have seen other virus hex edited into a perfect looking EXE that comes alive after you run it. Sneaky. Do a data to data hex number file compare to find them. These types get through normal virus scanners.

There are more sophisticated scanners that will do a sum check and each file in your computer, but it does not know how to look for it. Putting it in your game and launching it EXE and watch out.

Maybe they are clean - I do not know; I do not chance using them. I use a backup disk to play with (which is not easy to make these days). I guess a **** is easier; but pirates can abuse them unfourtanetly, and we get no more new games.

I would just close and erase this thread. Why let people know about these things even exist? It is just my opinion and philos on the subject matter.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:53 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

totally right xerxes no need to know to all ppl about the other world
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2