View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Heads Up

Hi there Space Monkeys

I wonder if I can ask you to do something for me?

After my recent X2 debacle, I doubt that I'll be visiting this hallowed hall for a little while. No point after all in rubbing my nose in it.

But I wait with antici..........pation for a 1.4 patch release in the hopes that it might sort out my problem. Namely that the vanilla game is fine, (1.2 UK release in my case) but 1.3 is a lost cause. Egosoft asked me for a copy of a duff save game, but as I've no way of sending it to them they can't really help beyond suggestions like;

"Are you sure that 1.3 installed properly?"
"Do you have enough disk space after installation?"

......and so on.

So anyway, point is that I'd quite like to forget about the game until there is a reasonable chance that I might be able to play it. So would one of you lovely people PM me with a heads up when 1.4 makes an appearance?

Or if you hear any concrete news as to when that might be?

Thanks all, I'll retire for now back to the forest, but I'll be looking forward to getting back into the space lanes.

Badger
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:50 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Is there no way you can winrar, or winzip a SG file to send it to them? They are small enough it should be doable. I think?!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:11 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I still think there's every possibility the wrong 1.3 patch was installed first and has monkeyed up every attempt to reinstall 1.3 since...

But as I have no solution to that...

1.4 will probably be a while... though not if they want to keep fans happy. Bounty hunters in particular (like moi) are getting irritated at finally finding a bounty mission they qualify (hard and much harder) only to see that it offers negative credits as a reward.

And yes, the game actually does deduct the credits ... it's not just a typo minus sign.

"Your mate is being held hostage? You poor man! Of course I'll fight three Argon Novas and a Mercury for you... and for your mental anguish allow me to give you five hours profit of one of my solar power plants. No, no... I insist!"

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:18 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

@Corwin & Xen

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I can confirm that the patch sent to me by my friend was the UK 1.3 patch and I only have the one copy, so no way the US version could be in the picture. In any case, the more I look into this on the net, the more examples I'm seeing of other people with 1.3 problems similar to my own.

As for zipping? The pc I have the game on is not connected to the net and the only medium on which I can pull files off of it, is 3.5 floppy. If the save game was small enough zipped to go on a floppy, then I could bring it up to the office machine and send it. But since they range between 5meg and 20meg, it's not going to zip down to a compact enough size. Roll on my broadband connection.

Anyway, it's good of you to have given it thought, but I'm past the point of wanting to mess about with 1.3 anymore. I have a low threshold for these things and if it won't go by about the forth or fifth try... it's outta there.

This thread is not another attempt to pick the groups brains for work arounds, it is a thread to ask someone to give me a shout when 1.4 is out, so that I can set about getting hold of it.

If one of you will do that then I'll be a happy Badger.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:11 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Brave fool that I am I'm certain I'll be the first to install it. Just keep your eyes on the station... same Badg-channel, same Badg-time and look for my scream of agony.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:37 pm