Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
NOTR : I can't find ANY fire lizard's tongue!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kenney bounces
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NOTR : I can't find ANY fire lizard's tongue!

I give up! I've been looking everywhere for a fire lizard's tongue in NoTR. I can't find it anywhere in the orc camps, or the merchants...

If anyone has found it, i'll be grateful for the directions. Kinda driving me nuts when i have all the spells BUT that single rain of fire.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:30 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

If the writers left all where it was in G2, then it's in an orc tent by the castle. Go to the castle, leave by the ram and turn left. It should be in the first tent you come to. Are you sure you didn't sell it to someone? Just a thought if you can't find it still.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:41 am
dagamer667
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: NOTR : I can't find ANY fire lizard's tongue!

quote:
Originally posted by kenney bounces
I give up! I've been looking everywhere for a fire lizard's tongue in NoTR. I can't find it anywhere in the orc camps, or the merchants...

If anyone has found it, i'll be grateful for the directions. Kinda driving me nuts when i have all the spells BUT that single rain of fire.

Huh? Is it now possible to make every single spell rune in the game? I haven't played NoTR as a mage, but in g2 you could only make 15 out of 30 or so possible spells.

Aside from the location above, check Lutero (I'm assuming you are in ch5) because he has quite a lot of rare goodies.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:57 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

No it isn't you can only use that tongue once for making a rune. For another rune you'll need another tongue.
There also is a mage in the monestery who sells a tongue in a late chapter.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:59 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I only played mage once and I didn't had any problems with creating the runes, I had all the runes, even the fire rain.

Isn't there a hunting skill to pull thounges from monsters? I think not but it was in Gothic 1, I'm 100%

anyway, if you still want that rune, use the marvin mode and summon your fire tounge or the fire rain rune itself if it's there no other way...

but ANYWAY the WAVE OF DEATH spell is THE MOST POWERFUL you will come across anyway so don't worry about fire rain.. mass destruction is 10 times more fun. don't know why, but it just sounds AWESOME and I LOVE to use it
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:36 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

1. You can indeed learn to get the tongues from dead fire lizards

2. You can indeed find one in an orc tent around the castle.

3. You can find another one on a rock in the lake where the destroyed tower of Xardas is (VoM)

4. I believe (not sure) Lutero or Gorax also selss one in one of the later chapters.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:12 pm
kenney bounces
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK dudes...i don't think you're referring to NOTR : Gothic 2.

All those fire tongue locations...i've checked them. It's NOT THERE anymore.

1) Not in the orc camp
2) Not in ANY merchants
3) Not a skill that can be learned (i've learned ALL the hunting skills for $$$)
4) Not at the area near Xardas's tower. I've even left the three fire lizards there in case i left out learning the skill. (There are 4 items there : sickle, old stone tablet, scroll, leather satchel). I repeat, there is NO TONGUE of fire there.
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:33 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Ok, you may have picked it up already and sold it, and then it disappeared from the vendor's inventory. That happens sometimes. Gestath up near the rock fortress is the only one I know of who teaches taking fire lizard tongues. He's under an overhang on the right edge of the hill leading up to the plateau.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:34 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by kenney bounces
1) Not in the orc camp
2) Not in ANY merchants
3) Not a skill that can be learned (i've learned ALL the hunting skills for $$$)
4) Not at the area near Xardas's tower. I've even left the three fire lizards there in case i left out learning the skill. (There are 4 items there : sickle, old stone tablet, scroll, leather satchel). I repeat, there is NO TONGUE of fire there.

Ok, about the merchants I'm not sure.
But there is definitely one near Xardas tower, are you sure you have the right one, I mean the one near the vulcano, that's is destroyed a long time ago. And it's on a different rock in the lake, not the one that's has the remains of the tower on it.

This is the tower I mean (the rock in the lake isn't on the picture, it's more to the right) and there must be a tongue in one of the orc tents too. About the skill jmurdock answered that already.
Just look again even in the addon you can find a tongue of fire on these locations.
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:46 am
kenney bounces
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks sem. =)

I found it on that floating rock away from the old-old xardas's tower. Lots of thanks. =)
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:25 am