Unlabeled motions for your character?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Unlabeled motions for your character?

I have two questions actually, unrelated.

The fist one is, can your hero sit down (from a standing position to the ground) or kneel? I've became a novice and thought it would be neat if he could do those motions. Not mandatory, but just would look neat.

Second question:

Also, is there a tent/hut in the sect camp I can have all for myself? In the old camp, there was a hut with a canopy, and in the new camp, one of the mercenaries told me that if I wanted one of the houses to kick out the rouge. But I can't find any place available in the sect camp.

When I walk into a tent, people do not yell at me, but is there one specifically for me?

Thanks!
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:35 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

1 No.

2 Not yet. Kick Nyras' butt in ch 2, and you can use his after that.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:17 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@SimCity,

As jmurdock says, no, but purely for experimenting there are severals ways to do this, but not for playing the game normally. If you want to try out a few "routines" let me know, *warning* if you get involved in this you will be glue'd to the game for ages, - - - say "no"
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:21 pm
Darian
Village Leader
Village Leader

You want to live alone? That's kind of unbrotherly.

Your prejoin hut is by Fortuno's Herb Shop. Its right by the water pipe Harlok was smoking on. You can take a seat on the ground and puff on that water pipe. Just use it from the correct side. After you join the brotherhood there are several empty huts you could live in. One is underneath the two templars in Baal Orun's Herb Mashing Place. It probably belongs to two novices who are sleeping on the Upper Level near the Training Platform. Another is towards the Stump Pond from Baal Tondral's Teaching Platform. Two more huts on the Upper Level are never used. I think the one next to Caine belongs to Cor Kalom. The other has a novice guarding out front. I think it belongs to Baal Tyon.

When I first started playing, I didn't like the Sect Camp. The layout confused me and the people seemed weird. Now its my favorite camp. I think that the design and layout is very creative. That includes having a weird relegious cult inside the Colony. Besides that the blue crystal lights just look cool after dark.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:38 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Man, I was always challenged when entering any hut other than Nyras'. Templars were always a pain about it.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:50 am
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
@SimCity,

As jmurdock says, no, but purely for experimenting there are severals ways to do this, but not for playing the game normally. If you want to try out a few "routines" let me know, *warning* if you get involved in this you will be glue'd to the game for ages, - - - say "no"

Wulf: You know I have to say... yes! I would like to know it.

About the huts, I was able to find a hut... the one someone mentioned in this thread earlier about it being Cor Kalom's I believe. He's never in there so I took it.

I know this is going to sound strange, but I often decorate my places. I usually get food, candles, herbs and that kind of stuff and place it on tables and the floor to make the place look more "homey".

There was this one place in the old camp that I used (besides that free hut) which was some sort of carved out tower. It is right by the south entrance, and it's a huge nice place to stay while you're there. I decorated that place up a bit before I went over to the sect. I thought for sure it belonged to Jackal when I was there, but he never came over.

Hopefully someday (maybe in Gothic 2 or 3) I can buy my own place.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:02 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well I thaught I encountered diego once in that hut, the weird thing is he has an hut close to the gate of the inner castel but he chase me away so it was his?????
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:37 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Pc-hero will never be chased out of Diego's hut, thats where i always sleep, i push Diego out of bed and he goes and sits on his stool all night, a good guy Diego.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:33 pm
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Time has not yet come to wear the heavy armor of a novice?

Hmm, just curious about this. I asked the Baal (next to Lester) about obtaining better armor, which is something I wanted to do right away... and he keeps telling me I'm not ready.

I'm sure my level is high enough (according to another thread about this) and I did complete both weed missions (the new camp and old camp weed missions) but he won't give it to me. Any idea?
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:30 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Not sure about that. It might be a level thing. I never got the heavy novice armor. Once you return from the ch 2 quest you'll get better armor.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:43 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well wulf not in diego's hut, but that place close to the collapsed tower tha simcity mensioned, it only happend once, while playing the first time gothic did hapened the secodn night and I think it is weird because I never saw diego walk around in the old camp. But he was there definitely
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:46 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Well now titus, here is Diego's daily routine,

Diego goes to bed in his hut (hut 1) at 23:00 till 3:0 then he walks to the brick structure with brick spires, (hut 25) and sits around till 5:30, then he sleeps near the cauldron till 7:0 then he sits around
near the cauldron till 10:0, then till 12:0 talks near the campfire. From 12:0 till 16:0 he sits around the cauldron pot, 16:0 till 18:0 talk near campfire and a walkabout, and finally 18:0 till 23:0 sit and moves around the campfire. So yes your right, and pc_hero can also sleep in hut 25 (with the 4 spires)
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:40 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

wow you know everything you are the almighty one
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:45 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I dont know everything, i just mess about a bit, I don't know where the old man is three and a half years on one game is too long.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:23 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well you still got Gothic 2 or Gothic 3 if you are patien, untill the time gothic 3 is released you have discovered the secrt of the old man
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:43 pm