Usergroups
Problems already! =[
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Thorvar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is exactly why I no longer rush to go out and buy a game the moment it is released. I'll wait a few weeks and a few patches... and keep an eye on the boards!
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:57 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

First rule of gaming problems is: Do not panick
Second rule of gaming problems is: DO NOT Panick!
Third rule is: Upgrade your video drivers.
Fourth rule is: Check official site for patch.

Bioware published a patch this morning, maybe you should try it out
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:08 pm
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

Thank you Ekim for those words of wisdom. I am adjusting the post I had planned to write.

So, first issue I've had... Still in tutorial mode, just after the inventory/stores tutorial, the game crashed and I had to hard-boot the pc. bummer.

I'll let you know what the issue was if I figure it out.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:03 pm
neph
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

system requirements

hi guys, please let me say a few words about those damn system requirements from the point of view of the game developer.
1. there are two kinds of system requirements: minimum and recommended. the minimum level is determined by the publisher and the recommended one is recommended by the developer. in other words: if you want to play with a brand new title but you have not much to invest into a computer upgrade, you can buy a $60 box with nothing interesting in it (the things that make the title's prize so high are the things that require high quality systems) - good for the publisher. if you want to play the game with brilliant special effects and so on, then choose the hardcore gamer's way, make more money, invest it all into your high-end system and enjoy - even better for the publisher and for the hardware manufacturer.
2. [and this one will sound a bit cruel]... computer gaming is a hobby, and is not the cheapest kind of hobby you can have. if you can't earn enough to have it, go and change something - 'cause nobody will sell you new things for lower price just because you'd like to have them. besides, the fact that PC's are capable of running computer games doesn't mean that this is their primary function. so if you use your machine for running games only, you better buy a console, which is defenitely cheaper, and you won't have to upgrade it for each new title you buy.

we're making games because we like to play and we like people who like to play with our games. we all would like to make something new, something more and something better. technology lets us do it, and we use it. so I do not think that anyone can blame us game developers just because we make a game that needs up-to-date hardware to work well. I mean, do those people ask george lucas why can't they watch episode II in a low-end cinema for half-price? I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

greetings.

neph
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:51 pm
anon coward

video RAM and $10000

Well, a cheapo $50 graphics card would be a dramatic upgrade from that 3.5MB on-board Intel stuff.

It drives me nuts when people rant about game companies not making a game work on their system, when that system is essentially the computer equivalent of a Pinto car.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:56 pm

Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Anon you don't know me and you don't know anything about my computer. Wanna know what drives me nuts? People like you that can casually talk crap online hiding behind a monitor 2000 miles away.
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 am
IDPuterGuy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Huh?

Developers for the most part develop games that will play on most boxes. I have a BP6, Celeron 433, TNT2, SB Live and the game plays pretty good. Sure they can't build games for Walmart/HP crap computers but a good older puter will play most pretty decent. MOH plays ok on it to. The problem is the el cheapo consumer buying HP puters, Compaq, Dell and Gateway. I've offered to build people PC's and charge them 200 over what parts cost and they shun it for a POS. Dumb arses is what they are!
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:16 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2