crash when entering pass
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
xstrider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

crash when entering pass

I have read a few of the posts but none seem to help. I have gotten the letter to deliever to Lord Andre about the Dragons but when I try to get back to the pass, the loading screen gets about 80 percent and then crashes. I have tried reinstalling, but to no avail. Bilgot is dead in front of the alternate route. I took him back to the castel to get the letter before I was gonna take him out, but he disapperared. I trien doing Insert Bilgot in the Marvin to revive him but it also crashess with a access error. Any suggestiuons. My last recent save that might not produce the same problem is all the way in the beggeining of chapter 2.
Thanks ahead of time
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:01 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Are you sure you´re using the original exe? This incomplete loading of the other world looks very similar to the reaction of the copy protection mechanism in the German version.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:58 am
xstrider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am fairly sure I am using the original exe. I did an uninstall and then a reinstall. I am not sure what this whole german copy protection is all about so I am thinking of making room in my d: drive and trying a fresh install on that one and moving my saved games. I would hate to start at my chp 2 begining as I went to fast thru chp 1.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:20 am
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I had the same or very similar error (german version though). It has to do with a corruption in the savegame file for the world state.
In your saves folder, try replacing the NEWWORLD.SAV with a version from an older save, or if that doesn't work you can also delete it. Preferably use the last save that was still in the Khorinis area. Doing this, especially if you delete the file may cause some weird errors ,like not being able to sleep unless doing the hero export import in marvin mode or killed people coming to life again, but it allowed me to continue playing when I couldnt get back from one world to another. Make a backup of the savegame folder first.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:46 am
xstrider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

GhanBuriGhan:

Thanks for the info. It seems to work. I did a cut and paste from an older save that was in khorinis and it let me begin chp 3. As for any side effects that will have to wait since i am preoccupied. I.E. The wife is looking at me . Thanks for the help guys.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:52 am
xstrider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I am able to continue the game. A few things I killed or back but thats no problem. A few extra xp However I am not able to use beds. I have looked at cheat wep pages, but I have not been able to find anything on hero exprt import in marvin. Can you help me out again.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:16 pm