RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
weru
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic II help needed

Hallo
Please, I need help with killing Ice Dragon
I have already killed three dragons /stat: Dragon splitter, str 97, two handed 90%, used about 10 strikes to kill all three weaker dragons/, but the last Ice One I could not even harm with the sword, After dialogue I was not going to attack me and I was forced to attack first, running aroung and slashing like hell is a bit frustrating and It is still in full health, I tried spells /mainly fire spells/, nothing now Iīm stuck
Do I do anything wrong? a bug? I killed Rock Dragon, then after speaking to Sylvio and fullfiling his Ice Golem task I returned to buy stuff in the Castle, then kllied Fire and Swamp Dragon and after refilling Amulet Of Inos returned to Sylvio a continued to the Ice D.
thanks for help
Weru
Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:20 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't double post!!!!
You already had another post called 'Gothic 2 help needed'. Just be pacient and wait for an awnser.

Someone please close this thread.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

Try using your crossbow/bow against the dragon and summoning a whole bunch of skeletons/goblin skeletons. This way the dragon will be distracted by all the skeletons while you can shoot him with your bow (or crossbow, they do more damage). I found that this method was pretty effective. Also, if you have any spell scrolls that do fire damage you may want to use those.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:17 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: killing the Ice dragon

quote:

I have already killed three dragons /stat: Dragon splitter, str 97, two handed 90%,

Your stats are pretty weak, when I fought the Ice dragon, I had str 210 with one handed consecrated magic ore sword damage 70 and one-hand skill 100%. Anyway, there is no dragon splitter, you probably mean dragon slicer.

The use of a distraction such as skeleton/stone golem is a good strategy. If you are a ranger then use bow/crossbow to shoot it.

What level are you in since the str appears pretty low?
Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: re: killing the Ice dragon

quote:
Originally posted by kingsorel
quote:

I have already killed three dragons /stat: Dragon splitter, str 97, two handed 90%,

Your stats are pretty weak, when I fought the Ice dragon, I had str 210 with one handed consecrated magic ore sword damage 70 and one-hand skill 100%. Anyway, there is no dragon splitter, you probably mean dragon slicer.

The use of a distraction such as skeleton/stone golem is a good strategy. If you are a ranger then use bow/crossbow to shoot it.

What level are you in since the str appears pretty low?

And when i fought Ice Dragon i had only about 70 strength and 1h 60% and my sword was dealing dmg 70. And it didnt took me long too long to kill the dragon. Only about 15-30 min
And hod did you get so much strength? By the end of the game i had only about 110 str. You prolly killed every single creature 3 times each. Or used cheats.
Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:06 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: newbie

Actually I don't know why you got low stat on str. Let make some calcualtions:

learn from toloff up to 90 str

24 kingsorrels x 5 = 120 str

So add up 90 + 120 = 210 str.

I haven't count the str from potions which should account for 50 to 60 more str.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:24 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Dude, trust me i could get more strength. Question is "why?" . I like when its challanging. I dunno how about you but i dont mind killing a scavanger for 30min. I just like the game and i enjoy it as it is without trying to achieve max power. Obviously i like being strong and cool. And i easilly can do that. but nah, meh, beh, and bah. I mean 210 str! why?! you can beat the whole game at lvl 30. I mean if you dont explore.

//what the hell did i wrote? hmmm...sry for being mean or w/e. im just rele mad right now. Not at any of you guys. Personal problems . So sry if i made someone feel uncomfortable or w/e. i dunt care today.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:37 am
weru
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found out while asking on another web site that the situation I wrote about is almost certainly a bug
my stats are sufficient
first I killed Rock Dragon, then came to Sylvio and after his task I returned to Castle to buy stuff, then killed without problems Fire and /recharging the Eye, of course/ Swamp D. , then the Castle again where talking with boss a I get option /"I killed all dragons/, choose this, thinking it might be a trick, but got no exp., and after recharging Amulet of Inos and dialogue with Ice D. it did not attack me like the other dragons, it was standing still, no other dialogue was possible and no weapon can harm it
It is really frustrating to play again several hours from last possible save, it is my fault with the saves, but not mine with the dragon, it was just one of the possible algorithm, but bugged
mistake: the sword was Dragon slicer, not Dragon splitter, sorry
weru
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:22 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, cmon dude. Dont be sorry. We are all here to help people and tell if its bugs or not and all that.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:10 pm
weru
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the sorry was for the sword name mistake, not for question itself, DUDE

nobody of you Big Players confirmed my bug explanation, you see?
discussion about stats was not the help, was it?
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:10 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Its a known bug, if you don't kill the dragons in the correct order the game bugs itself. You should kill dragons in the correct order next time, the order that Parcival or Oric not sure which one tells you in Castle.

[Now if you wish to kill the dragon I think you will have to cheat.]

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:18 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by weru
nobody of you Big Players confirmed my bug explanation, you see?

Opening two threads about the same topic was no good idea, as EDV already pointed out. Uocjat said itīs a bug only 3 hours after you started the thread in G2 General and I pointed you to the troubleshooting FAQ, which includes a solution for dragon problems, a day later. Itīs your problem alone if posting in the correct forum (-> G2 Troubleshooting), reading the available infos (-> troubleshooting FAQ) and following your own threads asks too much of you.

btw., you canīt harm a creature without appropriate strength and weapon skills, so this track wasnīt that far off.

Welcome to the forums.
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:44 am
weru
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

too much of you

l am new to these forums system
and patience is nice
thanks anyway
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:14 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

See it positively. Youīre almost through with the things a newbie can do wrong.
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:37 pm