Tribunal: Salas Valor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Tribunal: Salas Valor

Almalexia has sent me to deal with Salas Valor. Her missing servant (probably one of high ordinators). She says that he is in town or in sewers under the city. But I can not find him. Where is he?
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Ask around in Godsreach. People there will remember having seen a wandering Hand of Almalexia. He does wander Godsreach (at least after you asked), and he's wearing what all other hands are wearing - magical High Ordinator dress. Just walk the outer road and you'll run into him. But beware, he's a (relatively) tough customer.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:08 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Ok thanks, I will try this.
Btw. if we will talk about tough enemies. I met my toughest enemy in placa before Tribunal temple in Mournhold. This man ask me if I can give him 10 goldpieces, I agreed, then he asked about 100 goldpieces - I agreed, then he asked about 1000 goldpieces - I agreed, then he asked about 10000 - I agreed and finally he started to screem something about if I think that he is stupid or what. And he assured me that he will return much stronger and kill me.
Well, he returned in complete suite of ebony armor and I certainly can not beat him, I can not even hurt him much. This is really tough enemy (I am level 40 with 100+ strenght, 100 longblade, 100 heavy armor, 100 block).
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:46 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Oh, that guy... I finished him quite easily, I was a level 41 Imperial warrior (ain't that a contradiction? ) with 100 strength, 100 long blade, 98 blunt weapons, a measly block skill and a neat mix of Imperial Knight Templar and Daedric armor. BUT...

...I had finished the MW main quest and was thus equipped with the divine Sunder and the Wraithguard
...I had been doing some Shrine-hopping (doing Daedra Prince quests) since Dagoth Ur's demise and thus a small but neat collection of special things like, for example, the helm of Oreyn Bearclaw)
...and last but not least I had hired and equipped Calvus the merc by the time this little Bosmer came to get some. So he was mush in no time.

Salas Valor is tougher than the Bosmer, though he fell easily to the little trick which has become my character's trademark in Morrowind. But even he is a puppy if compared to the Tribunal end boss.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:37 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

If it is so, then I do not see way how to fight and defeat them (if they are even stronger than this guy).
I can not improve my main abilities (abilities I use to fight strongest enemies). I have max longblade, heavy armor and block. I have highest possible strenght etc. I even have several special items that improve my abilities (gauntlest of Rand.... that improve strenghts for example). Still I am not able to fight with this certain hero. I am dead and he has around 80% of his hp. This living tanks have very high spell resistance, so even destruction is not way for me.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:29 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Try to hire the merc if you have not done so. He may not be invincible, but he's a great help.
My personal favorite tactics in a fight may be vile, but so what, I'm a Cyrodil, and they aren't necessarily known for playing fair : I have an amulet of shadows (don't ask me where from, it's been so long since I played the MW main quest) which turns me 80% invisible. As soon as the guy starts to attack, I run away, turn myself invisible and come back as soon as he starts to lose interest. Then I whack him from behind, and most enemies are so terrified by invisible assailants that they flee. So the enemy runs, I follow him and whack him until he's dead.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:28 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I also found one very interesting fighting method (I used it only once - deep in Dark brotherhood teritory, having only one poor quicksave after several hours of gameplay and facing at least 10 enemies at one time).
This method is like this:
incredients: several levitate potions (or amulet of levitation), long melee weapon (or bow, crossbow if you are skilled in this), wizards staff or spears are ideal
You drink potion, place yourself above heads of your enemy and then you can kill them without problem :].
But i do not like to play like this.

I will try it with companion.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:46 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've stayed away from that guy so far - I'm not quite ready to deal with him. Especially as I've just restarted a new character...

Anyway, the main reason why this guy is a tough fight is that his stats are obscene. I believe he has 255 Luck? Not entirely fair, but hey.

If your Alchemy skill is reasonably good, you might get a bit more of a chance by mixing up a load of Fortify Intelligence potions, drink the lot then make a load of Fortify Luck potions. If your Intelligence was boosted enough, the created Luck potions should be rather powerful! Make yourself a few Fortify Strength, Restore Health etc. potions while the Intelligence boost lasts, then go to war!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:20 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I finally defeated "bad" high ordinator (hand) with help of hired friend, who lost his life in this fight and I defeated this lucky ebony superhero.
Very tough enemies :].
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:27 pm