Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The Classes, is there realy a difficulti hidden?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

we most probably find some new bits and pieces about gothic 3 after the website for gothic 3 will be installed to the web
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:15 pm
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Tell me this site.!
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:19 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

No i didn't meant the merc, but the rangers. Not a guild, you just play it yourself. You train box or xbow and dex !!!
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:08 pm
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Pladio
No i didn't meant the merc, but the rangers. Not a guild, you just play it yourself. You train box or xbow and dex !!!

Sorry but i didnt understand what do you mean.Could explian it.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:28 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Pladio
Not a guild, you just play it yourself. You train bow or xbow and dex !!!
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:51 pm
Nothingman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

So, it's possible to finnish a game without join any guild???
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Nothingman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, when I think about that, I almost played like ranger. I joined palladin guild, but I didn't use a sword or magic in combat, only crossbow. In the chapter 4 I had dexterity of 200, I slew the dragons with 5-6 hits with crosbow, and through all the game I tried not to let enemy near my character. Only useful thing from paladin guild was their armours
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:22 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

paladins healing runes might prove to be useful
ive never played as a paladin though, ive played a million times as a merc, cause you might say im loyal to my old friends and i like the light dragonhunters armor
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:43 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

No, you join a guild but play as a ranger.
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yups unfortunately u cannot finish the game likes this that u wont join any guild it would be kinda cool tho
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:19 pm
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I join always paladin guild.(ranger)
I dont like magicians because i dont want to fight with spells from a distance.!
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:22 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

i joined the mercs when i played as a ranger, cause the light mercs armor looks much like a hunters armor with all the furs and stuff
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:04 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by kriksa
i joined the mercs when i played as a ranger, cause the light mercs armor looks much like a hunters armor with all the furs and stuff

yups just wanted to say the same . But anyways dont stick only to one guild if u finish with one then finish with other 2 the game also u get some new missions from them and all
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:22 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i finished the game with all guilds
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:11 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

All this doesn't really matter at all, when you also have the add-on. Armors are equal then, and actually mercenaries have better armor(s), simply because they have a bigger selection due to the Dragon Hunter set being added. And Dragon Hunter armor, even the first copy of it, beats ALL of the other armors in the game you get by that time - and that's already in CH3. Highest armor of mercenaries and paladins have equal resistances in the add-on. In additionl to these, you can also get a belt, which adds +7 to all resistances, 2 rings with resistances, neck piece... Basically, can crank those resists quite up. Mages, of course, have less resistance with their robe - which is normal - but they're not too bad off, add the Divine Aura, defensive rings and belt and there, they're literally quite close to the base defense level of paladin and mercenary armor. Not that it matters that much, as the spells are also upgraded and high circle mage is very powerful

Difference between the classes - mercenary and paladin in this case - comes from a simple fact that the paladins can use their own special magic, which IS quite powerful. So to offset it, all the weapons what mercenaries learn to create, have a skill bonus attached to them. All the paladin specific weapons have lesser damage still and also lack any skill bonus. Of course, 2 of most powerful weapons do not belong to any guild and anyone can use them, provided that they have also the appropriate STR. There is also now a bigger selection of usual weapons, what anyone can learn to forge and these weapons provide decent damage and skill bonuses.

You can play more of a ranger now in add-on then in standard G2, since more mobs are now taking damage from ranged weapons. Of course, trolls do not belong to those mobs still Dragons are, though, more difficult now, if you lack the skill(s) and stats - i.e. good STR - and weapon, it will be more difficult to kill the dragon. Heck, first time when I myself tried the game anew and ran up against the dragon, then after 10 minutes of constant fight I was back at the point 0 - dragon was alive and kicking, I was short of many potions and arrows/bolts and none the wiser. However, use all the means available to you (for example, summon cannon fodder mobs to charge the dragon first) and you'll win.

Basically, what I suggest, play through the game with add-on and you'll see how it has changed
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:16 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next