Grimoire Beta Begins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Grimoire Beta Begins

Cleve Blakemore announced today that the final beta testing for the long awaited Old School RPG Grimoire would begin on Friday of this week, with world wide release of the game scheduled for October of THIS YEAR!! Since several prominent members of the RPGDot community are involved with this beta, you can be assured of continuing coverage. Finally, the day many said would NEVER arrive is almost upon us. Grimoire is definitely coming!!
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:07 pm
Benedikt
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i willl believe it when i will have it on HDD
ben
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:35 pm

Hmm, I thought Grimoire was going to be bundled with Duke Nukem Forever, and come free when you purchase a Phantom game console.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:16 pm

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

C,mon guys, give Corwin a break. You know he likes to post something about Grimoire every 6 months or so, to make us believe the game is still relevant. Nobody really expects the October date to mean anything, right? I understand Corwin's obsession. He jumped on the Grimoire bandwagon several years ago. He and Great Cleave are countrymen, so it is only natural. I really hope that his LONG-time faith is rewarded. I did get a kick out of the phrase "world wide release." I'm guessing that means it will be available for download from the internet. If that's the case I could post some links to some world wide release artwork that my 6 year old niece made. If it really means that the game has been translated into 4 or more languages, then I apologize.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:30 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Like the other poster said, I'll beleive it when I see it.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:02 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

*embarrased by cynical jaded gaming community peers*

Thanks for the update. Look forward to playing it!
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:46 pm
Lucky Day

Wait, I thought this was finished 6 months ago and playthruable.

I love this "final beta test" post only to have hte game announced released in 6 months.
I suppose that's when the timer turns off on on the lock to Cleve's bomb shelter. My theory is he forgot the combination so all they can do is play test it and churn out boxes and boxes of the stuff when he's finally let out.

Lets hope its at least as good as DW Bradley's latest works.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:06 am

corwin

I'll try to be nice. The game exists; it's on my HDD. During the pre-beta, we found several major bugs where links were missing and several areas that needed more content. These issues have all been addressed for this final beta. Cleve only works on the game in his spare time and pays all the development costs out of his own pocket. Having said that, the PRE-beta was in MUCH better shape than a certain recently released game by DWB!! You will get a relatively bug free game later this year. Cleve is aiming for October and I hope the game is released then, but the bottom line is still to release it when it's finished testing and all the bugs we can find are fixed.

Playtesting TAKES TIME. The game is over 200 hours long if you try to do everything possible. Neither I, nor the other beta volunteers are being paid, nor do we have all day to sit and play the game. We do it our own limited spare time. As I promised, I will attempt to keep you all informed as to the progress of the beta and the likelihood of the October date being met.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:49 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I admit that by the looks of it, Grimoire looks great. I don't see anyone having something against it at this point why they have anything against it.

And delaying a INDIE game like forever is in no way comparable to the complete fiasko that Duke Nukem (Waiting) Forever is/was.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:38 am

I was waiting for this vapoware since 1995...hundreds of broken promises, missed deadlines and nothing more...I will believe, when I can play it
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:07 pm

I'm surprised corwin was able to take a break from sucking cleve's dick and massaging his ego to post this trash. The corwin and cleve double team must have burned their quota of jews and blacks this month, so he had a few spare minutes inbetween rimjob sessions. But it's ok, because god told him to suck dick and smite teh unbelievers. Har har.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Dear guest who posted before me:

Please explain to me what fun it is to have an outing as a complete asshole by posting here this kind of trash, but at the same time admitting to know that you suck big time by hiding your name.

Is this some kind of autoerotic ritual or rather what I think it is: utter idiocy?

Thanks.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:46 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I'm surprised corwin was able to take a break from sucking cleve's dick and massaging his ego to post this trash. The corwin and cleve double team must have burned their quota of jews and blacks this month, so he had a few spare minutes inbetween rimjob sessions. But it's ok, because god told him to suck dick and smite teh unbelievers. Har har.

Yup. This is pretty much the reason why I have to hide the fact that I'm a gamer from girls who arn't gamers.

I don't find the hard line attitude of some gamers acceptable when it comes to a game that is being created by someone as a hobby. There are no publishers. There are no stock holders. There are no schedules. It's just a guy making a game because he wants to. That some gamers get so nasty about its delay is, to put it mildly, embarrasing to me as part of the gaming community.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:26 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

It's sad to see that some parents just aren't paying attention to what their kids are doing anymore. I'd suggest that you come back here when you have grown out of the anal phase, Mr. Guest. Until then, please stay at RPGCodex .
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:43 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Moriendor
It's sad to see that some parents just aren't paying attention to what their kids are doing anymore. I'd suggest that you come back here when you have grown out of the anal phase, Mr. Guest. Until then, please stay at RPGCodex .

What makes you think he's a kid? I'm 37 and I've witnessed many people my age acting like they're 7 (no insult to 7 year olds of course...)
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next