Goblins and trolls and idols...OH MY!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
SiarraRey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Goblins and trolls and idols...OH MY!

So, I find myself a little stuck on the Troll Idol quest. I have heard that a lot of people end up killing trolls, or goblins when finfishing this quest, but are there other ways to go about it? I have found the key under the quartermaster's pillow, though I have found no place to use it. Am I supposed to bake a pie with wine in it for the king? I feel I've tried everything. I even tried to get up to the rafters in big room with bearskins. I am quite exhausted with it.

Thanks in advance for putting up with me.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:08 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I did it without killing anyone but I cant remember exactly how.

i dont even remember where to get it from. Maybe if you know that you can tell me and it will jog my memory.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:13 pm
SiarraRey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

idol

If you mean, where is the idol...i am not sure. I can't passed any of the doors in the goblin area. I am guessing I will need to get into the Kings room next. I am also guessing that the little baker troll has something to do with it. I've heard theories about baking pies for the king. does this jog your memory at all?
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:20 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah you can get into the kings room by using some wine on the pies that the pie maker is making. The king is allergic to wine.

Once the pie maker gives them to him, he will run out to his room and you can get inside.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:37 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Troll Idol (Spoiler)

Go to the Kings bedroom first and look around. You will find a note in the desk and under the bed. You need only read them. Then go to kitchen and do the deed with the wine. Now the King will run to his bedroom and you can go in and talk to him. After that you go to the Reserve and open the chest and find the Idol. You need only kill one guy at this point. Then move on to finish the quest. Have fun. And don't forget to search the castle for other stuff you need to pick up.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:46 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Troll Idol (Spoiler)

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
Go to the Kings bedroom first and look around. You will find a note in the desk and under the bed. You need only read them. Then go to kitchen and do the deed with the wine. Now the King will run to his bedroom and you can go in and talk to him. After that you go to the Reserve and open the chest and find the Idol. You need only kill one guy at this point. Then move on to finish the quest. Have fun. And don't forget to search the castle for other stuff you need to pick up.

ok so ive read all this and done all that and went into the reserve thing but the chest is lockeddd??????? what do i do NOW?
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Chest

Are you in the one on the lowere level to the right as you came in through the gate? If you took the key from under the pillow, that will open the chest. There you find what you need, but save before putting Idol in your inventory as you will have to fight to keep it. If this isn't what you need let me know.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:13 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Chest

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
Are you in the one on the lowere level to the right as you came in through the gate? If you took the key from under the pillow, that will open the chest. There you find what you need, but save before putting Idol in your inventory as you will have to fight to keep it. If this isn't what you need let me know.

thats the one i mean and i have the key but the chest wont open i keep trying to use it on the chest but it wont work
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:21 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Idol

I am assuming that you got the quest from the Troll King or you would not know about the Idol, and if you have done all the stuff, I think you have hit a bug. Have you downloaded the latest patch? There were so many bugs out of the box on this game, you could not play it. If you have done all this, than I suggest trying to exit and reload, which helps sometimes, and other than that I would go to the tech. thread. I have never heard of key not working. I do want to ask did you get the key from the goblin formans room, Atol I think is the name? That is the key to the chest. Let us know what happens.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:30 pm