strength and dexterity potions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

strength and dexterity potions

how do i learn to make strength and dexterity potions? i already learned alchemy from sagitta and she taught me the first two healing potions, but the mage in the monastery wont train me cause im a dragon hunter and constantino wont train me cause i am not his apprentice ... what do i do to learn these potions

(edit) also how do i upgrade my dragon hunters armor? i have the light armor but i just entered chapter 4 and i expected bennet to give me better armor before i faced the dragons
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:18 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You are required to learn certain common potions before the option to learn Strength or Dexterity potions will become available. The best advice I can give you would be to only learn potions from one alchemist teacher, rather than multiple alchemists.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:23 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

You have to learn all 3 healing potions first and than Sagitta will also teach you dexterity potion and permament life and mana potion. Permament strength potion you have to learn from Constantiin or Ignaz (Don't remember excatly who). But only after you have learnt all 3 life potions.

Kay
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:43 am
TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The Dragon Hunter in Old Castle will make you a medium dragon hunters armor if you make him a blacksmith and bring him 20 dragonscales. I suggest you learn also taking dragon blood, cause you will need it in the 5th chapter to make a great sword.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:21 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

a somewhat cheaper alternative method of getting medium dragon armour would be to go to bennet instead during chapter 4 with the dragonscales as he pays you for the scales that you bring him (incidentally you don't need 20 scales as you can buy back the scales that you sell him and then resell them to him until they total 20)
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:30 pm
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

how many dragon scales can you take from each dragon?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:32 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

if memory serves me correct you get 12 scales per dragon. this means that to get the medium armour you need to first kill 2 dragons (although if you get the armour off bennet you can get it after only killing one)
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:11 pm
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

strengh potion - from constantino after learn 3 life potions
dex potion - from sagita ( same )

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:23 pm
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

great thanx... i got the aromor by sellling the 12 scales and buying back 8 and selling them again. do i have to wait until chapter 5 to get the heavy dragon hunter armor? or when and how do i get it?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:49 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

yup you get the heavy armour in ch5, i won't spoil it too much but to say that when returning to khorinis, go to xardas' tower and follow the instructions given. incidentally if i were you i'd also learn the hunting skill to extract dragon blood as you'll need it to get the most powerful dragonslayer sword (you forge it yourself so you'll need to at least know basic forging and have 5 lp spare to learn how to forge the new sword)
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:57 pm
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

do i learn to forge this sword in ch. 5 also? cause no one wants to teach me anything except a crappy ore two hander cause i learned all the others... well except the dragon slayer of course
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:39 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Orc Hunter 06
do i learn to forge this sword in ch. 5 also? cause no one wants to teach me anything except a crappy ore two hander cause i learned all the others... well except the dragon slayer of course

Indeed, noone will teach you anything about this ultimate sword.

As Punter X said, just follow Xardas' instructions and eventually you will learn everything you need to forge this sword.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:08 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

bennet offers to teach you an increasing amount of swords with each chapter so that by chapter 4 you can forge a 2-H blade with better stats that dragonslicer (80dam/80str). if memory serves me correctly it does 90 dam and requires 90 str. another beneficial thing is that i didn't have to learn all the previous blades before being able to forge this blade (as opposed to the way in which to learn the perm stat potions you had to learn the lesser health or mana potions first depending upon which stat was to be increased)

for lesser ore blades (although i wouldn't know why you'd want to bother) you can also learn from jan, the dragonslayer blacksmith in the colony

btw thanks kiwi boy for confirming for me that there are no xbow trainers over 60% before ch6
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:34 am
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

are there any 1 handed weapons that do more damage than 65? cause i have an orc slayer and keep going to the merchants every chapter hoping to get a better one hander... i already have the heavy ore dragon slayer, but i need a better 1 hander, plz help
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:53 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well as a merc you can also learn to forge an ore battle blade (75/65 i believe) as well as an ore dragonslayer (90/80 i think) once you get a bit more dragon blood in chapter 6.

as for the others, paladins can choose to consecrate a 1h instead of a 2h and both can buy a 1h sword later that while having the same stats as the orcslayer, seems to have a slightly longer range (called the el bastardo if memory hasn't failed me)
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next