The Sleeper Temple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Sleeper Temple

Im in the sleeper temple and commited genocide of the orcs to get here and now i just killed of a couple lunatics from the swamp city and do i have to face the big ugly insect looking thing or should i just stab all 5 hearts?
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:57 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You can't kill the sleeper, only make him go away.....so stab the hearts.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:26 am
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The SLeeper Temple

You have to kill the sleeper because if you don't you won't continue the gam i tried that but the cutscene doesn't occur, i stabbed all the hearts with the right swords
Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:31 am
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sometimes the bug occours when u try to stab the hearth and u r interupted (attacked). So the game marks the sword as used and the hearth still as unstabed. I couldnt find the solution to this. Just load older game.
Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:47 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I've never encountered that bug Lacni, thanks for the heads up.

To clarify about the sleeper: You don't "kill" the sleeper....you stab the hearts(and hopely don't encounter the bug Lacni mentioned) , a cutscene is triggered, the sleeper is sucked out thru a vortex behind him....game over.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:32 pm
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

At the beginning of g2 Xardas tells u exactly what happened in the temple. Sleeper couldnt be killed in this world, but he was banished to his origin.

Regarding the bug: When i got to the sleeper s room he started throwing fireballs at me, so when i was not carefull fireball hit me while i was piercing the hearth. Bot the issue is: when i played for the first time (couple of times), i remember sleeper never got involved in the fight. Then i changed my PC, played g2 for a while and then got back to g1, but this time sleeper allways attacked. Anyone knows answer to that?
Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:32 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

As Xardas himself say's, the sleeper was invoked by the orcs to help defeat their enemies, so yes, without any 'killing' it is revoked back to where-ever, - - - but, - - -

I couldn't believe it when Mud ran up to the sleeper and killed it, i was amazed, so in marvin mode i quickly 'posessed' the sleeper and in fact the ani' file read as "dead" and it's life bar was empty, so yes in reality its possible to kill the sleeper, between the "senses" limit box and the sleep effect bounding box there is a gap of about 2 metres, if you (pc-hero) stand in this space the sleep effect does not happen at anytime in the game normally, but at the end of the game only (with uriziel), if you enter into this invisible bounding box, the sleeper will detect you and begin to shoot fireballs.
Conversely, at any time during the game but not the ending, the sleeper's attitude by default is "friendly" but becomes "hostile" after Cor-Kalom has "called" upon the sleeper.
So, with the "dead" sleeper, when Mud pierced the five priests hearts, the game-end video sequence began, with a "live" sleeper of course.
Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:28 pm