Members
Usergroups
Morrowind, I got it, step by step...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
neptiofpovar

Morrowind, I got it, step by step...

Ok my copy of Morrowind arrived today at work. But I'm still at work and can't play it yet. However, it's lunchtime and I'm gonna open the box and I'll share the details with any of you that care to read about this...

First, in case you're wondering, I ordered Morrwind directly from Bethesda on March 14, 2002 and paid for priority mail (next day air). I live in Los Angeles, CA and the package was delivered to me here at my workplace in Gardena, CA.

I purchased the Collector's Edition. The box itself is NOT the new small size PC game boxes that have been showing up lately. It's about the same size box that Daggerfall came in, but not as heavy duty as the Daggerfall box. The exact Dimensions are 9.75" x 8". The front of the box is black with the words, 'The Elder Scrolls III, Morrowind, Collector's Edition' in a goldish color. The back of the box shows a few screen shots of the game as well as pictures of the contents of the Collector's Edition. There is a front flap on the box showing ingame screen shots of the game.

Morrowind comes on 2 CDs, in a single Jewel Case. The front of the inside sleeve depicts the Morrowind game logo. The inside of the sleeve shows an advertisement for Sea Dogs 2. Disc 1 reads, 'The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind.' Disc 2 reads, 'The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.

The Collector's Edition also comes with the Morrowind Original Soundtrack. This Disc is encased in a cardboard sleeve which depicts the Morrowind game logo.

The Morrowind Game Manual is 4.5" wide and 7" long. it is glossy. The front of the game manual depicts the Morrowind Game logo. The back of the game manual shows keyboard and mouse controls, as a quick reference I suppose. The last page of the game manual is page 48. Full color is used in the manual to depict in game screens and icons and so forth.

The book, 'The Art Of Morrowind' is of the same quality as the game manual, full color and glossy. The last page is page 47. It is slightly larger than the game manual measuring at 6" by 9".

The small figurine is housed in a small box measuring 1.25" x 2.75". The front of the box is white with the words 'Ordinator Figurine' and a drawing of a character wielding a mace and shield. The back of the box is white. The figurine itself is a metallic color and about 2" in height.

There is a small 8.5" x 5.5" photocopy paper titled, 'VERY IMPORTANT, Install and SafeDisc Information.' It's just some info if you have any problems installing.

There is a 5" x 3" full color coupon for the official Morrowind Game Guide.

There is a full color map of Vvardenfell measuring approximatley 18" x 21". The back of the full color map is blank.

There is a Black and white registration card.

And that's it!
Post Wed May 01, 2002 7:43 pm

DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Interesting.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Wed May 01, 2002 7:46 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I am so much looking forward to the initial impressions of our readers here at RPGDot.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 7:52 pm
neptiofpovar

First Impression...

Well, I still haven't played the game. But seeing how well done the actual package is put together, I'm getting that tingle of anticipation that I think I last had when I went through this with Ultima 7.

The Morrowind Collector's Edition is well packaged, well prepared, and appears as if no cost has been spared. A good start and a promising hint of a quality game to follow...
Post Wed May 01, 2002 7:54 pm

HaVoK
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ill probably get mine on Friday www.gogamer.com (place I ordered from) Says It ships out Thursday, I ordered overnight mail. /drool all you people who get it today and tomorrow
Post Wed May 01, 2002 8:28 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by HaVoK
Ill probably get mine on Friday www.gogamer.com (place I ordered from) Says It ships out Thursday, I ordered overnight mail. /drool all you people who get it today and tomorrow

Do not worry, be happy. Large comunity of player will ge it later (part of Europe 7th May) and other not large part of player from eastern Europe who will wait until it will be released in their countries will wait at least to half of June.
This looks like discrimination .
Post Wed May 01, 2002 8:31 pm
Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

One thing concerns me, alot...only 48 pages for the manual? That's...miniscule! On a game this big, and this deep, a manual that tiny sucks.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 8:48 pm
HanshaSuro

Smallish Manual

From what I've read, the small manual size may have something to do with the new smaller boxes which PC games are coming in. I read in some developer post or another that this smaller box was severely limiting Morrowind's manual size and layout. It's a more serious problem because stores only want to stock the smaller boxes now, for space reasons. (Special editions being the exception.) At any rate, I can understand that they would not want to print 2 versions of the game manual: one for the normal box and a different one for the larger box. So therefore the manual was standardized at the smaller size. A shame, but full color manuals alone are a dying breed. I'm grateful for that much.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:06 pm

neptiofpovar

The Morrowind Game Manual is physically small...

quote:
Originally posted by Merkin
One thing concerns me, alot...only 48 pages for the manual? That's...miniscule! On a game this big, and this deep, a manual that tiny sucks.

The physical dimensions of the manual is small... I think it is small because perhaps the regular edition of Morrowind will be shipped in the new smaller sized PC boxes.

But that doesn't explain away the concern regarding the total number of pages.

I read a bit of the manual during lunch today. While it certainly is fewer pages than Daggerfall's Manual, it still has quite a lot of info. The font size is like 6pt... very small. Each page is chalk full of information... so far good and pertinent information.

As far as I'm concerned, if the game manual provides all the pertinent information that it should, it won't bother me a bit if there is less of it. I personally made it only maybe halfway through Daggerfall's game manual... that one was just too much info for my personal tastes.

I took a digital picture of a typical page in the Morrowind game manual. If someone has a website they can put it up on, let me know and I'll email it to you.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:12 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I can put it up.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:30 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I just got home and, no Morrowind..

Well, there's always tomorrow, I guess..
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:57 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by iplaygames2

Well, there's always tomorrowind, I guess..

Don't remind me.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:00 pm
Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: The Morrowind Game Manual is physically small...

quote:
Originally posted by neptiofpovar
quote:
Originally posted by Merkin

I read a bit of the manual during lunch today. While it certainly is fewer pages than Daggerfall's Manual, it still has quite a lot of info. The font size is like 6pt... very small. Each page is chalk full of information... so far good and pertinent information.

As far as I'm concerned, if the game manual provides all the pertinent information that it should, it won't bother me a bit if there is less of it. .

Well, that's reassuring, at least. I can do without a bunch of pics and fluff and backstory in a manual, as long as it's got the pertinent info. 48 pp still sounds small, but at least it sounds like 48 *dense* pages.

Thanks for the update! Now leave work early, go play the game and TELL US!!!!!!
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:26 pm
neptiofpovar

The Game Maual

I sent 3 Morrowind game manual pics to sauron38 so maybe he'll put up a link where everyone can take a look.

Note that the pics are not clear enough to read the manual, but they give you some idea of how the manual is laid out.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:42 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

grrrr

grrrrrr, may 1st, still no morrowind at the store, its available everywhere online... but not at the store where i reserved it... everywhere BUT where i reserved it....

Don't you feel better now?
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:56 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next