Few questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Archaven
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Few questions

Can anyone tell me where can i find the easiest spot/location that king sorrel's and or dragonroot grows on?
How many potions of strength/dexterity have you made out of with the alchemy skill?
Is it really worth investing LPs into alchemy to obtain the permanent potions? I mean the ingredients are really rare!! .. Or there is a known spot for constant growth that i might not know?
Also, does anyone knows the calculation on melee damage?
I have 40LPs in the meantime that i haven't spent. I am unsure if it's advisable to invest my LPs on strength/1-handed skill.
I've once read from the rpgdot forum that the calculation goes something like this:

with only basic 10% rookie skill:-

Normal Hit Damage = (STR/10 + 5) - (Armor/10) roughly. ALL Weapons.

Critical Hit Damage = (Weapon + STR) - (Armor).

Critical Hit Chance % = Combat Training Skill.

Okay, that's for 10% rookie skill. What if i have 32% in 1-handed skill? How does the calculation being calculated?

If i am having a mere strength of 35, then I'll be dealing:

(35/10 + 5) - (Armor/10) for normal hit.

Hence If the creature has the armor of 80, then I'll be dealing 0.5 damage per hit and that's incrediblly low!. Also, the calculation does not consider of Weapon's damage. I have now the double bladed axe and it stated that the weapon damage is 40.
According to the calculation, the weapon damage is not included in the calculation. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Archaven
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:00 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hjehehe if u want to get too easy dex and strenght then learn alchemi those plants is hard to find but there are plenty of them trust me
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:41 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

There are not really many creatures with armor class 80. Anyway, you also have to consider your fighting skill. If you reach certain stages (30% 60%) of weapon skills you will be able to swing you sword faster and you will have more combat moves available. Increasing strength increase you damage level with a critical hit but also allows you to use better weapons later in the game.

Kay
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:05 pm