RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

I just had a good AI moment.
I am doing the quest Paranoia.
I am to follow one of two brothers...
I broke in their house before following them, just to see whats what.
I pickpocketed the first brother who was sleeping. And grabbed his key...
I noted he had no weapon on him.

I made my way around to the second brother who was needing a pickpocketing.
But alas I awoke him, he started screaming. Woke his brother... yatta yatta...
Well in my haste I decided to slap the screaming freak down with a long sword I had handy, and to his death he went... His brother just watched me, paralyzed by fear and lack of proper AI. Meanwhile the guards are coming for me... Well enuf is enuf, I resist arrest. and in the ensuing exchange of blows the brother who has found his courage again gets whacked by me. He had no weapon as noted earlier, but his dead brother did have a sword of sparks. Seems the still breathing brother looted the dead brother's corpse and is now whacking on me.

I am still on the fence about the AI in the game. But I thought it was nice that a character under attack, without a weapon, would loot a corpse to get a weapon. And in this case the most powerful weapon available.

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:23 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Very funny random encounter:

So I'm hoofing it on the open road since earlier some bandits killed my poor stolen horse. As I'm rounding a bend in the road I hear a "hmmf!". Great, its a Minotaur with a dwarven war hammer. I think I can take him so I draw steel. Then I hear a "hmmf!" from behind me. What the??? Oh sh*t I'm outa here. I sheath the sword and start running, two Minotaurs on hot on my tail. Luckily (and unluckily) I'm a vampire so I'm pretty fast and they are only slowly gaining ground.

Over the next hill there is a bandit dismounted from his horse about to shoot an arrow at me and saying he's going to kill me or something. He has no idea! I dodge the arrow, run right past him and steal his horse. Over the hill come the Minotaurs. I'm laughing my head off as I hear the minotaurs cut this poor SOB to shreds. LOL.
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:40 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

We - i.e., my horse and I - slipped and fell while climbing down a very steep mountainside. The horse landed on top of me. Needless to say we both died...
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:43 pm
Dark Pheonix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

(Best moment in Oblivion) HellRaiser

I was battleing a trio of Ogres on the bring the twins together quest (I cant remember the name). I Jumped onto a high ledge and decided to work on my destruction and Marksmans skills. 10 minutes, 3 ogres and +- 20 arrows later I climb down to see the new hairsyle I've given them. All the arrows were sticking out of their heads and shoulders.

Punk Arrow Hair! Gonna be a hit at the ogre partys! Hellraiser, here we come!
Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:39 am
Draconian_Prime
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Was just doing a random search for “The Best Axe in Oblivion” and came across this thread.

Too funny indeed.

Well here is a quick one I had to share, because I have no one else to share this tale with who would appreciate it. *smile*

Way back when, just a wee little level three Battle Mage, was inflicted with Vampirism, so what is a lad to do during the day…

Crawl around the sewers of the imperial plaza!

So after hours of Rat and Mud Crab killing, I stumble across Bandits! Cool!

Well not cool… Bandits who proceeded to hand me my butt…

So out of four I did manage to nail two out of pure luck and ignorance.

But with a sliver of life, no magika and no health potions, I ran, Yup ran like a broken faucet.

Up and out of the sewers, fortunately it had just turned 8:01…

Up and out of the sewers, thought I was clear!!! when I see guards running at me…

Ok I did not do anything wrong!! (At that moment anyway *Wicked grin*)

But the Bandits followed!

A nice old lady I had given a couple coins to ran to my rescue *laugh*

Any way, miss that old bird, she must have got caught in friendly fire from the guards, because after the bandits were dispatched, the guards turned on each other and five guards went at it full blown right in the middle of the street.

So still licking my wounds, I sat and watched the brouhaha…

Nice!

Five guards in,

One walks away…

And I had four sets of Legion Armour to sell.

Shame about the old woman though.

Anyway that’s my tale.

Best to all.

~Drac
Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:23 am
Oric
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Iv'e only been playing for 2 hours so far, but when I made my way to chorrol, and stood next the the fountain, 2 wolves just ran into town, and ran at me. I drew my sword preparing for a battle, but the two ran next to me not even seeing me. they then started jumping on each other (I assume playing around), then they started chasing some citizen...LOL, when I saw that I allmost fell off my chair . Talk about randomness.
Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:52 pm
Dark Phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I stumbled across an Oblivion gate and laying around it was 2 dead banditd, a wolf, a bear, two Daedoroths, and a spider. They'd all killed eachother. I didn't wait around to see if anything was left, i just looted the corpses, and into the gate I went...

This one is a bit of a spoiler, so I'll keep it vague. A mages guild quest got me going to help some battlemages clear out a dungoen. I get told to follow the leader as he runs in, weapon held high. Two seconds and one trap later I'm looting his corpse.

hhahahahaha!!!
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:40 am
moradin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best Moment

i was completing one of the mage guild quests....the one with the pillar puzzle. i fight my way through the dungeon, meeting a couple of new traps on the way. one that almost got me was one that took up the whole center of room. whenever you stepped anywhere on it, the floor would rush upwards and impale you on 6ft long spikes recessed into ceiling. fortunately i only crossed the corner on the way to check out a chest and my speed got me off it as it rose. kinda startled me, though. i move on and get to the end and grab the item i came for. grabbing the item triggers a trap and liches start spawning all over the place along with their summoned pets and zombies. i take off running like indiana jones in the first movie when he's running from that huge boulder. on the way out i forget about the trap. i run straight across the middle and BAM! im at the ceiling. as soon as the floor started moving up, i physically cringed and thought $%$. fortunately i ended up standing b/w spikes and didn't suffer any damage. i had to laugh on the way down at the fact i had phsically reacted b/c it startled me so badly.
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

i had allot of fun...

i have reached the middle of the game with just lvl 1 .... and i have made a great discovery!!! if you sleep you advance in lvl

anyways...

if i run naked i'm faster then my horse... , the black horse not the donated one...(that is even slower then a crab....)

i am expert blunt but i allways used blades...

and to end my pathetic post.... i have managed to result in 2342 saves till end of game, it's a record don;t u think?
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:53 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Re: i had allot of fun...

quote:
Originally posted by Giani
i have reached the middle of the game with just lvl 1 .... and i have made a great discovery!!! if you sleep you advance in lvl

anyways...

rofl! I can only imagine the scene: Long silence and staring at the screen thinking about how many times you were supposed to have done this already.

The AI in this game is pretty good but I havent had any of the amazing experiences like you guys (then again Im more of KOS type).
The physics on the bodies is where its at. I cant count the number of times I set up the enemy near a cliff or ledge just to use a special move to finish them off and send them flying over. amusing for me.
I was doing the Bloated Float quest and hit the boss so hard she banged up into the wall and landed against the set of drawers: shoulder to wrist in an L formation and hand dangling off the side. I couldnt have planted it any better.

Well there was that one time I took Anora and put her face-first into her fireplace...

But that's another story for another time...
Post Mon May 01, 2006 3:20 am
Zaleukos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm chasing four fugitives in a cave. As I enter a room with a sloping floor from the "lower end" I hear someone shout something like "die s'wit (or whatever the equivalent is in Oblivion) and an NPC release a pile of logs that start rolling towards me. This could have been a great scripted trap. But the NPC decides to start RUNNING TOWARDS ME, overtakes the logs, and manage to get crushed underneath them. The fugitive body also stops the logs from rolling towards me. I get a message that I have one less enemy to kill:-P

My gf walked by just as this happened, and laughed so hard she started crying:-)
Post Wed May 03, 2006 2:15 pm
CodeMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was fighting a bandit on a cliffside who had a glass shield equipped. I took him down and when he fell, the shield hit the ground just right. It rolled all the way down the hillside with me in tow. My character is very fast but he couldn't catch it. I was laughing my a*s off as the shield bounced down the hill. It hit the lake at the bottom, made a big splash and sunk right to the bottom. I had to swim down to retrieve it. The physics are really mind boggling in this game.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 3:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2