Usergroups
ATARI Spain despises spanish gothic fans again
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Don't worry it's not just Spain, that's in every bigger country.
I'm not close minded, it's just the best thing to do is to translate the game into the most spoken language in Europe
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:53 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah like for example into russian , thats the other language alot ppl understand over eastern europe
Post Sun May 30, 2004 3:02 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i agree with you that it should be translated in to the most spoken language first

but itīs a must that if you sell a game in one country itīs translated in one of the official languages of that country

there are a lot of spanish gothic fans that will not play gothic2 cause they donīt speak english very well

anyway, the fact is that the game IS ALREADY TRANSLATED, so iīm not going to buy it in english if i can do it a couple of months later in spanish so i can play the game without translating everything into spanish in my mind first

atari has already translated it, we all just waiting it to be released, iīm complaining just because we are all suffering an unnecesary wait here, maybe weīll have to wait to 2005, but i donīt believe that really much

like i said before, atari is getting on my nerves with so numerous changes of release date, and this last one is really ridiculous

iīm not going to buy another atari game in my life
Post Sun May 30, 2004 3:26 pm
Osamar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The most "funny" thing is Gothic appeard in english in Spain at first, and sold quiet well. Then it was text-translated, and sold very well. In fact it still selling if you can find it. The possition of Atary Spain is really inexpicable, they have a hit and do not manage to publish.
[/quote]
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:13 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well theyr HQ probably dosent want that any atari will publish anything anywhere .
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:44 am
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

some news here

a guy from centro mail, a great national videogames franchise (iīm not sure about the spelling) has phoned atari and has given us even worse news

atari spain will start thinking about what is going to do with the game in september

in september they will decide what they are going to do with the game. maybe they will release it, maybe not, it depends on how well the president of atari has woken up that morning,

once more

i hate you atari and iīll never buy any of your games anymore
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:01 pm
GokuSSJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No no a24710 you are making a mistake I'm here finally, in the part of the world where Gothic 2 is planned to be released after the tenth episode of the saga
It seems that 'is' only JoWood responsibility. In fact here in Italy we have a dozens of discussion with Atari and the words Atari said us were confirmed from JoWood.
Some rumors report that Atari has the translation ready from january 2004, for the italian version, but i can suppose for all the 'other' languages of the world.
And JoWood? Someday ago one of my italia forum friend has contacted JoWood and what says JoWood? That for Gothic 2 JoWood has not released permission to localize. It seems incredbile, but JoWood wroted that to us. We have reported to JoWood the link to Atari Italy Gothic 2 page and JoWood answer that they cannot trace all the localization (???).
So now JoWood has some problems with Atari, but JoWood doesn't know that Atari has localized the game.
Atari told us that is JoWood the lock-mantainer, but Atari doesn't know that JoWood doesn't know about Atari localization... is it all clear?
I know that this seems only a joke, but now we are sending mail to Atari to tell that JoWood doesn't know nothing and also to JoWood to tell that Atari is a JoWood partner... 'probably'.
Is it incredible or not?? I do not have word about that: when JoWood will answer to us i will post some news... i hope
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:38 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

what the hell are you saying????

are you saying that we canīt play our respective localized version of gothic2 because jowood doesnīt want atari to localize it??

if that is correct, do you know when will jowood give green light???

this is fucking crazy!!!! now is jowood the one who is creating unnecesary problems, and the one who, at the end, is fucking the italian and spanish versions of gothic2

i just canīt believe it

simply amazing, but it would explain why the release is taking so much (atari spain has the game localized it since the first date the gave us 17 march)

if you receive news please post here, iīm really interested

again, simply amazing
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:45 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

All you Spain fans I just have too say: You really can be mad at Atari, because they don't seem to care about you.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:08 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Ofcource now with the mod transilation the don't give a damm about anyone.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:19 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

the point is about Gothic3:
if it will come out in english when th comes in german
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:47 pm
GokuSSJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've heard that koch media will distribute and localize Gothic 3 in real time with german shipping
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Source?
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:19 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

or the new partner that Jowood found in US for theyr games u can find about that info from rpgdot news in gothic section
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:20 pm
GokuSSJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My source is a member of an italian translation team but i cannot assure it at 100% obviously. In fact we have contacted Koch Media and the answer is not really clear: some sort of 'probably, but we must wait for the situation with Atari'. I do not know if koch media is only for Italy.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:46 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next