Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How will my lockpicking skills improve ??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Macio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How will my lockpicking skills improve ??

What I need to do to improve my lockpicking skills and weaponsmithing skills. I have been told by NPC that more I open or craft more skilful I will be.
Can anyone helps ??
damn - I like this game - just don't have much time to play it. I am just lev 4 in first chapter.
Should I fight with creatures around the town to get XP or stick to quests and get XP from them. Which is better ?? I assume you will say both
Also should I get all the skills ASAP or wait with them as I will not need them (pocket picking, alchemy, sneaking)
Should I spend money on armour - or just wait until I found one or get one as a reward (they are damn expensive)?
Last thing - metal bars to craft weapons from them - where can I get those from ??? I could use some more money (I bought 2 of them from smith apprentice)

Thanks fellow adventurers
Macio - Ork Slayer (soon to be )
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:12 pm
Myrtel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hallo!
What you need is XP (how you just say). How do you get it doesn't matter.
I think the easiest way is to kill some "weaker" creatures like scavenger or molerats.
Level 4 is quiet poor (sorry!! ).

Pocket picking is in every stage of the game a very good skill and you will come sooner to more money. Together with sneaking you will be able to steal the chests of the NPCs by night without waking them. very usefull!!!

I think the best armour guildless charakter is the leather armour (for 250 gold). In a chest behind Matteos store, where the guard stands all day and night is a leather armour. I just give you the URL of some screenshots which will show you the way to the chest (because the guard won't let you through; by the way it's a german site, but you will see what to do!!!!!).
leather armour

I think Jora and one of the other merchants of the marketplace sells some bars.
Hope that'll help.
cYa
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:33 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

1) Dexterity improves all your thieving skills. Read the manual your game came with for more information about how attributes effect your character's abilities.

2) Your forge weapons skill will only improve from training. The blacksmiths can teach you how to forge different weapons. If the option to learn how to forge a new weapon is not available, then you either need to find a different blacksmith or you need to wait until a later stage in the game. Which guild you join determines which and how many forge weapons skills you can learn. (The Dragon Hunter can learn how to forge more weapons than the Paladin.)

Comment:
I'm level 17 in my current game in chapter 1.

3) It is obviously more advantageous to do as many quests as possible, and kill as many creatures as possible. The world of Gothic 2 is very large. If you don't explore, you'll end up missing out on 30%-40% of the world. If you're role-playing, then just ignore whatever you want to ignore. Not exploring or killing many creatures might make the game a little bit difficult, but it shouldn't impair your ability to finnish it successfully.

4) There is not enough experience in the game for you to fully train everything. Even if you killed every single creature, and did every single quest, you'd still not have enough level points to fully train everything. You should train only what you're going to use. Wasting level points is pointless, literally. However, the choice is yours. You can spend your level points however you desire. (There is an exploit you can perform, which can provide an unlimited supply of experience. I wouldn't recommend this exploit to a first timer, as it dramatically takes the challenge and strategy from the game. If you want to read about this spoiler, then go here.)

5) Armor greatly improves your chance of victory and surival during combat. It's probably wise to have the best armor available to you at all times. However, the choice is yours.

6) The blacksmith at the Mercenary's camp has an unlimited supply of materials required to forge Self-Forged Swords. After buying the materials he has on him, wait about 5-10 seconds, then you can buy more. Repeat this process as many times as desired.

7) The fastest way to gain gold without cheating, is to become the blacksmith's apprentice in the city of Khorinis and sell Self-Forged Swords to him. With an infinite supply of forging materials you thereby have an infinite supply of gold. (Note: This could be considered an exploit!)

You're welcome.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:39 am