A Plugin you would like to see!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Vanderghast
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

A Plugin you would like to see!

Put here ideas for a plugin you would like to see! Ya never know....get the idea out and someone may be able to make it a reality!

I for one would like to be able to use one of those Skeletons as a PC. I think he would look cool especially dressed up in some nice armor.

Quote the Gully Dwarf, Nevermore!
Member og the WWW
Member of the Non-Flamers Guild
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:20 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Take advantage of the given space

i want someone to completly make all of Morrowind alive. NPCs who are more reflective of those in Daggerfall or atleast Gothic.

I want bigger towns (not Vivec).

I'd like to see Balmora expanded: a market district, a business district, a new guilds district. Maybe it can stretch along the Odai River some more too accomadate this new space.

I want to see Caldera larger: add a temple and a little market surrounding the temple in the empty space righ outside of the town gates on the towards the west.

I want to see Ald'Ruhn with another Skar on the Western part of town.

I'd like to see Molag Mar have a town surrounding the Canton, just little markets and few dwellings, and a two watch towers one east and another west of the town.

i'd like to see Gnisis expanded to become 3 times its current size. Add far more shops and between their building they would have dark alleyways too travel around the much larger town.

I'd like see a new Vampire clan added, and they are secluded on their own island. Maybe the whole island is covered with trees that block some of the sun, providing partial darkness for the vampires to walk about during the day.

I'd like to see a far larger amount of armors and clothing. I want these new armors to be stronger, maybe heavier, some weaker and and extremely light, but all must be super expensive to try and help balance out the economy.

I'd like to see more Forts and Castles for the Imperial Legion.

i wonder if anyone can pull this off, or atleast anyone point.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:15 am
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

a KeyRing, Containers, and their Ilk

I have been toying in my mind with the idea of a KeyRing...

In essence it would be an inventory container...
Similarlly you could have bags, small boxes...

I am at a loss for why Bethesda chose ~not~ to include such things...
They seem fairly classic...

I have yet to figure an effective approach to the keyring... it would take a fair amount of scripting, and the script would likely need to be atached to every locked door in the game... thus making it useless with plugins and mods...

Anyone have any ideas, or seen similar mods? I am nearly certain I have seen a "quiver" mod... but if I recall correctly, it isn't a container just a arrow spawning item...

~shrug~

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:17 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I'll second the "container" thought. I'd do a serious quest to recover a box that weighed about 2 lbs and held about 200lbs... Somewhere, there's got to be a packrat with modding skills!
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:17 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Re: Take advantage of the given space

quote:
Originally posted by FlipMoeJack
i want someone to completly make all of Morrowind alive. NPCs who are more reflective of those in Daggerfall or atleast Gothic.

1)I especially like this ideas. More different dialogue among NPC's, different activities around day/night circles, more animated facial expressions.

2)Quest with interesting twist & unexpected ending & good plus original story.

3)Add a partner, maybe a talking raven, wolf, human, etc with interesting personality, share inventory....
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:15 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

1. A mod that allows weapons to strike objects is the environment. e.g. hitting a tree and the tree receives the full fury of my blow, or at least makes a "clang" sound.

2. A mod that allows npc' to sit down. An advanced version might enable characters to rest horizontally ...maybe a new character class called the sleeper

3. An acrobatics skill that actually allows your character to perform acrobatics feats, like the ability to jump over a rope fence, or ascend to the top of a table. The ability to roll, crouch, and climb rope would also be welcome addition to Morrowind's "acrobatic" repertoire.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:15 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There are several mods that try to expand NPCs. If you want to help, contact the authors and offer to write some dialog.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:22 pm
Entropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1- SNOW!! Bethesda may claim that Red Mountain is screwing up the climate of Vvanderfell but the total absence of climatic variations in the course of the year is making me sick! Rain, ok, Blightstorms, ok, as long the textures are untouched Mw is fine, but the SNOW??

2- Manifest Weapons!! Do you know Gothic? Got a 2h Weapon equipped? It's waiting on your back, ready for action, prefer a longsword? voilą, it's at your side, firmly attached to your belt!

3- Npc's with a "real" life, not cells of a single UberMind with the same tought!

4- Dragons!! (is any other comment necessary??) The mesh of "Dragonriders of Pern" would be GREAT!! is it impossible to get for Mw??

5-Grass, not a greenish moquette, plains drifting with the wind... aah

...forgot something??
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=92727#92727
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:26 am
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
1- SNOW!! Bethesda may claim that Red Mountain is screwing up the climate of Vvanderfell but the total absence of climatic variations in the course of the year is making me sick! Rain, ok, Blightstorms, ok, as long the textures are untouched Mw is fine, but the SNOW??

2- Manifest Weapons!! Do you know Gothic? Got a 2h Weapon equipped? It's waiting on your back, ready for action, prefer a longsword? voilą, it's at your side, firmly attached to your belt!

3- Npc's with a "real" life, not cells of a single UberMind with the same tought!

4- Dragons!! (is any other comment necessary??) The mesh of "Dragonriders of Pern" would be GREAT!! is it impossible to get for Mw??

5-Grass, not a greenish moquette, plains drifting with the wind... aah

...forgot something??

There is a dragon plugin. I installed it, but haven't seen any yet.

Grass would be nice, but I think moving grass is very advanced, as I've only seen it in DX8 benchmarks. Reflective surfaces is what I would like to see. Many 3d games have them, even old ones like Deus Ex, why not Morrowind?

NPCs with a real life and half a brain would be nice.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:16 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

I agree with the reflective surfaces thing, it would indeed be nice to have an elite set of armor given to you at a certain level say called "Knights Armor" or something that is mirror finished steel.. would look awesome.

on another note, i would like to see something that made the weapons appear on the player model at all times, if your in attack mode or not, like in gothic, you could see the 2 handed swords and crossbows on their backs, and the one handed swords sheathed at their sides. i would also like to have a wider variety of capes and kilt's to go with your armor, such as the imperial armor kilt that goes around your lower half.

i would also like to be able to sit down and meditate/regenerate without having to sleep, and for sure some vehicles that the player can control, i saw a mod for a water vehicle, but he said it is still very glitchy and hard to use right now, so i didnt bother getting it
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:19 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Striz

i would also like to be able to sit down and meditate/regenerate without having to sleep, and for sure some vehicles that the player can control, i saw a mod for a water vehicle, but he said it is still very glitchy and hard to use right now, so i didnt bother getting it

Real transportation would much appreciated. Teleporting feels like a cheat, but still better than walking.
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:38 pm
Super_Ant
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Horses. We need horses. Rideabe horses. Niegh! Whinny! *stomp*

-Monty Python Live at Aspen

I am The Topic Killer!
Post Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:12 am
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

My dream plugin, err I guess it would actually be a TC but I would love to recreate the world, house for house, maybe tree for tree () of Ultima Online. I'd make it my own private Massively Singleplayer Offline Role Playing Game.

Aside from that a general remake of the ultima world would be great, I know its in production at the moment.

And a complete recreation of the rest of Tamerial, I know this is being done too.

Horses would be good too.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:19 am
TranceMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would definatly like to see with weapon placed on your back, or at your side when its not in use.

But what about just regular wind that can be found all over?
Or shorter amount of rain. I dont want to disable rain, because it seems more real with it, but I dont like the fact that it can some times rain for days at a time.
And what about rain only in certian regions, I dont like the fact that I can walk all across Morrowind and find that it is raining in every region.

I would also like a decent race choice that has demon wings, I found one with wings, but it looks like they are from and eagle, and the dont move.
Movements on the wings would be most excellent.

I would also like some decent goblins scattered all over Morrowind in groups of 5 or more (make it a little more realistic since they almost never fight alone), and some decent looking skins to go along with them would be nice, not just those miniturized orcs (goblins and orcs do have different facial features).
Post Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:24 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I've thought of several mod ideas since I started playing...I'll probably do a couple myself.

1) Completely restructure the combat, so that hit percentage for melee is much higher, and instead damage is calculated based on fatigue, strength, and skill, eg when you have very low fatigue, instead of totally missing, you just cause very little damage. I find it stupid to be swinging a sword at something and not hit it over and over. (Though I can't find where to edit this in the CS...anyone know?) And for ranged weapons, the hit percentage is calculated based on the distance as well as your skill such that when you are very close (eg point-blank), you have a very high chance of hitting. It's stupid now how you can be right up against something and not hit it. The current system makes it very hard to level in the skill in the beginning.

2) Massive changes to the vampires, such as required feeding...not finished working it out.

3) Allow multiple "Mark" points for Recall spell.

4) Gothic-like training (where the NPC actually gives your PC pointers) would be cool, but because of the sheer number, it would be hard to do, unless the number of skill levels was much lower.

I thought of more, but I gotta go.
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:55 pm