View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by His Master's Voice

1. when people that say "i know i'm (not you're) being watched, i can feel it", it occurs when you stand behind someone and look at them. the time it takes for them to say it is random so you may only glance at them for a ascond and they'll still say it. Theyare not talking about an invisible stalker, they're talking about you. Other things include "that guy/girl asks way too many questions" (even if you havent even spoke to them yet).

But some NPC's do say "Do you know you're being watched?"

Somebody suggested this was code for them tell to you they are in the Morag Tong but that would mean that General Darius was in the Morag Tong ... OMG scandal in the imperial ranks

I'm not sure if anyone is following me - I'd like to think it's true but NPC are so bad at following you normally that with my erratic movements mine will still be stuck inside the Census office in Seyda Neen
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Bo

"Seen any Elves"

I've had a lot of NPC's say, as if a joke, "Seen any Elves Lately?". Too many have said this to make me think that it is not a clue.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:48 am

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

Having finished one of the main quests I rested in the balmora fighters guild barracks only to be forced awake by a message saying 'you hear someone in the room'. It was one of those low level dagoth supporters so I mopped the floor with him. So is that what you guys are talking about?
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:56 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I do not think there is someone following you. I have never had any experience of that, and i have played ALOT of Morrowind, my current character is level 37 and i have soon finished the main quest, i had also like a level 28 one, and a level 22 one. I have never heard someone following me. :p
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:56 pm
bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I turned the shadows on to full since I got my GF4. You can definately see shodows moving on the cieling in rooms where there is no one else there. I have also seen shadows in the wilderness. I finally finished the main quest today after playing for over 6 weeks. I was expecting something to be explained about being watched in the finish but there wasn't. It must be a bug. Maybe these ash guys who attack you when you sleep later in the game are tagged to your characture but invisible through out the entire game.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:54 am
Midiboy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I posted a reply here, but for some reason it didn't actually make it this far.

You are NOT followed by any invisible people in any part of this game. (With one minor exception at a pond...and you are not really followed...)

There are NO NPCs that say "I know YOU are being watched." They say, "I am being watched...I can tell." or something to that effect.

The shadows you see on the ceiling or in the wilderness is a side effect of having volumetric shadows. MANY games have this bug. When the shadow is on the ceiling of a room, most likely it belongs to someone on the other side of the wall, or even on the floor above you.

Check out http://www.midiboy.com for info about Midiboy Music
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:05 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Midiboy
I posted a reply here, but for some reason it didn't actually make it this far.

There are NO NPCs that say "I know YOU are being watched." They say, "I am being watched...I can tell." or something to that effect.

I have heard both in the game. Most often it is that they are being watch but I have definitely heard some Dunmar say that I'm being watched Tried to find either in the editor but lost interest after reading through 50 lines of dialogue.
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:44 pm
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: "Seen any Elves"

quote:
Originally posted by Bo
I've had a lot of NPC's say, as if a joke, "Seen any Elves Lately?". Too many have said this to make me think that it is not a clue.

This joke is only said by Nords. i guess it's funny because there are so many elves on the island that it will be impossible to NOT see any elves.

One of the funniest things i've heard from npc's is when you sneak up on them and they say "What's that smell?"
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:41 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

*Funniest post so far today award is given to you*
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:00 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

i've often heard someone right behind me in the middle of the wilderness when no wildelife was around and when i looked around i saw nothing
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:36 am
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

This is either a major spoiler or a dumb idea, but...

My guess is your characters have been targeted for execution by the Morag Tong. The invisibility and the paralyzing dagger, light armor sort of corroborate that.

-Matt
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:09 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3