Can't Get Out of Old Mine
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Can't Get Out of Old Mine

It took a while to get in here. I had to click on the ore nugget on the opposite side of the gate and I magically walked through it.

But now I can't get out. I can't click on the opposite nugget from here. How do I get out of here!

Please help.

Thanks.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:54 am
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You can use the teleport cheat.
Open the status screen with B or S, type the cheat, "marvin" press Esc.

face the exit and press the k key, it will move you about 3 feet forewards.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:54 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Can't Get Out of Old Mine

quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden
It took a while to get in here. I had to click on the ore nugget on the opposite side of the gate and I magically walked through it.

But now I can't get out. I can't click on the opposite nugget from here.

This happens if you use so primitive cheats.

Press F8 to readjust to ground level.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:26 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Can't Get Out of Old Mine

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden

But now I can't get out. I can't click on the opposite nugget from here.

This happens if you use so primitive cheats.

Press F8 to readjust to ground level.

What do you mean by primative cheats? I wan't cheating when I was stuck in there. But I did use the cheat to get out!
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:43 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Did ya get into the old mine AFTER getting to chapter 4 ??? If then i simple doesnt understand why ya dont just use the teleportationrune to the sect camp or new camp.

What Gorath means about the primitive cheats is that its much easier to use the F8 key instead of K.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:31 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
What Gorath means about the primitive cheats is that its much easier to use the F8 key instead of K.

No. F8 is only needed if your char has been teleported with his feet inside the ground.

quote:

This is cheating. Maybe you ran into a bug, but it would have been slightly more clever to open the gate with the console.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:44 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
quote:

No. F8 is only needed if your char has been teleported with his feet inside the ground.

quote:

This is cheating. Maybe you ran into a bug, but it would have been slightly more clever to open the gate with the console.

Aaaaah ... Still i would prefer to use the teleportationrunes ...
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Old Mine, not New Mine. She is in chapter 1 or 2, I think.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:53 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

How do ya get stucked inside the Old mine in chapter 1 - 2 ??? I thougt she did it after water seeped in ...
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:05 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
quote:

quote:

What console? Not the other cheat console? Is there game thing that opens the gate without using any cheat at all? I turned the winch back and forth a number of times but that doesn't do anything.

BTW, I thought clicking on the opposite ore nugget was the way you were "supposed" to get in there. It happened accidentally and seemed stupid when I was transported, but I didn't think it was a bug. Guess it was. What is the right way?
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:42 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Do ya mean the gate downstairs with Asghan ... Then i understand ... Theres is ONE problem with some of the winches ... If ya just touch em and dont turn em they'll become jammed and thats the bug so NEVER touch a winch without turning it !!!
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:53 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Do ya mean the gate downstairs with Asghan ... Then i understand ... Theres is ONE problem with some of the winches ... If ya just touch em and dont turn em they'll become jammed and thats the bug so NEVER touch a winch without turning it !!!

No. The main entrance. There's a winch there that turns right and left but doesn't do anything that I can see.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:37 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I'm not sure the teleportation runes work if you aren't in the big world. It did at least not work in the sleepers temple.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:34 am
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The teleportation DOES only work in the world section ... Ya mean that the winch outside the Old mine can close the gate ??? When i tried to turn it nothing happened !!!
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:56 am
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

if you dont want to cheat you can try to "animal-Teleport".
go to the bars and transform into an animal then run as close to the bars as possible and then transform back.

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:35 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next