Quest for Glory and Kings Quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Quest for Glory and Kings Quest

Does anyone like these games? I think they are great!
I realy enjoyed QFG5 some years ago!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:00 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I loved Quest for Glory! Where else could you get the five elements: earth, air, fire, water, and most importantly pizza!!

And now I will move this to the General CRPG Forum.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 6:58 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum... but i acctualy forgot the CRPG forum... lol
Post Wed May 29, 2002 7:00 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Haven't tried King's Quest before, but I surely love Quest of Glory! The whole series! It was the first game that tells me how fun a real RPG game can be!

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed May 29, 2002 10:42 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Great series - Quest for Glory is unique and fun - computer gaming at his best.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:42 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

everyone should play king's quest!! that was like the best series of games...well....top 10 definitely. the most recent one was more hack and slash than anything else. kinda dragged it down a bit. BUT STILL COOL!
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu May 30, 2002 2:35 am
Elder Dragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I played quest for glory 1 on an old Atari: it came on 3 or 4 floppy discs, loading times took forever and when you died it took at least a full minute before you could continue play... but I loved it, I played it three times (as a warrior, a mage and a thief) and every time the game really played different!!

Top class stuff
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:25 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I loved the Quest for Glory series, one of my all time favorites. Every time I think of Quest for Glory, I get a craving for Artichoke Pizza.
One thing I must mention though is that originally QG5 was supposed to include the ability to play as a female(Elsa Von Spielburg)but they left it out for some reason. I'm still hoping that Lori and Cory Cole will reunite and do QG6 with a new publisher.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:03 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i dug up my "Quest for Glory collector's series" CD today. for the cheap graphics and low quality...well everything, THIS GAME IS SO AMAZINGLY COOL! i'm addicted again! i can't stop playing...eyes rotting out....brain melting...and i'm loving it!! i hope i finish it by the time NWN comes out.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:52 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Yeah, I too played them all three times with different characters. My biggest problem was finding the save games with the character when a new edition came out. Loved the corny humour; I'll never forget cleaning out stables in the first game in order to increase my strength. Hmm, bit like Morrowind isn't it.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:56 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes... exactly like Morrowind. Morrowind hardly had a revolutionary skill based system... but it was well done and fun.

QFG1... ah... I loved it. Especially the remake with the graphic upgrades. I still remember playing with the Meeps, climbing up and down the tree in front of the healers house over and over again (to much bruising) and the satisfaction of my first cheetaur kill, and Troll kill.

That says something. I loved the humour... Space Quest was another good series. I didn't like King's Quest as much (for some reason)...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:04 pm
Thorvar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had a blast with the Quest for Glory series! I really enjoyed the settings and over all feel of those games. Kings Quest (all of them) to me was simply an exercise in frustration. Pretty graphics, but some insanely difficult puzzles which made absolutely no SENSE. You had to scour a room looking for a thimble or some other insignificant item because you would need it hours or days later to move on past something else... and literally ANYTHING would kill you it seemed (falling in water, falling off a ledge, etc). I remember the first "Monkey Island" game bashed hard on King's Quest at one point. You fall off a cliff and then later pop up after thinking game over... there is a little text message which appears something along the lines of "What do you think this is... King's Quest?"
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:51 pm
corwin

Now that was a GREAT series. Monkey Island. Played them all and yes, that send up of Kings Quest was one of the most hilarious pieces in the first. I still remember thinking O **** I haven't saved for awhile. It was one of those moments you never forget.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:25 am
ButtOfMalmsey
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Monkey Island rocks the hizzouse! Especially Monkey 4. I also love Grim Fandango. Two Fantastic games. And Sam and Max. These three games are my fave adventure games of all time.

But Q4G has a special place in my heart. No reall, I had it implanted...

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
-Homer Simpson

=Member of the Non-Flamers Guild=
=Member of The Sixth House=
::Captain of the Black Company::
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:12 pm
TheRaven
Village Leader
Village Leader

oh yes...
I loved Quest for Glory ...especially No.4 with the cool undead setting
3 was very good too, but I don't really like the 5th part...the graphics are ugly the interface worse than before

did you also train over and over again?
it's more funny than in RPGs because of cool training techniques and it goes faster too

and Monkey Island
yes my fav adventures are monkey 1&2!! 3 and 4 are good but not as good as the first two
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:48 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next