moving up too slowly in MM IX
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
slow and steady
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

moving up too slowly in MM IX

I am still trying to figure out how to get promoted. I am in Sturmgood and have finished three quests. Also think I have talked to everyone in town. The people with different skills tell me: ",,, needs more mastery", ",,, must be promoted" or ",,, need skill level 4" The man in the training area (next to the dim-witted half-orc for hire), tells me how much it will cost for each of my characters to move up to the next level. But when I click on the character/amount, he tells me how much for the next level (while taking my money) and I can't get out of the dialogue box until I click the bottom choice (never mind or maybe next time or something).

Is there something wrong with my game? And do I need a patch? Or am I half-orc and don't know it yet? The player's manual talks about skill points awarded for training. But I can't figure that part of the game out. So now I am trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the game or me.

Thanks
Post Fri May 09, 2003 6:04 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Once again, MMORPG forum is not meant for single player RPG games. So I am moving this to the CRPG forum.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 8:23 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

In the Training areas, the trainer tells you how much it cost you to advange to next level if you got enough experience points, or else he will tell you how much more experience you will need for next level. Every time he take your money and advancing you characters in level, he also gives your characters an amount skill points. Those skill points can you distribute on your skills from you character info. And ofcours planning ahead which strength and skills you want you characters to be strong in. Most characters having a skill level of 4 (skill level not character level), can advange this skill to "Expert" if you find the right teacher for the skill. At skill level 7, you can advange skills to "Master", and at skill level 10 Grandmaster with the right teacher. But master and grandmaster advangements mostly also demands, that your character has been upgraded to a specific profession, which only can be done by a special "teacher" who send you on a quest to get the promotion to a new profession. Note characters can only get "Expert" , "mastery" or "grandmastery" in a few selected skills according to their profession.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 11:40 am