FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Grimoire (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
The Gingerbread Man

Cleve Blakemore is a pathalogical liar. There is no game. He couldn't code his way out of a wet paper bag. Just do a search for him on google and you will see the depth of his dimensia. I'd almost bet anything the only work he's done in Grimoire has been in photoshop making screenshots.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:25 pm

Garrett

Please do not offend anyone on this, agreed! <br>BTW - there is a playable version which proves, there is a game after all:)
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:29 pm

Leper

Cleve is a terrible project manager, that's for sure. He'd be fired if we took this long to complete a game on somebody else's dime. <br> <br>That still doesn't mean it won't be a great crpg. It has everything that people want and cannot get at present. Look at NWN, DS and MW. I have every intention of buying this game if it is ever finished.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:02 am

Martin

It could be the greatest rpg in the world but if you can't buy it because it doesn't exist who cares.
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:58 pm

Mirek

Well, he was able to code something - that is certain. In 1998 some beta version of Grimoire was made (or more precisely beta of the first chapter). It was in DOS and some years later (2000?) it was even officially available for download for some time (not now, as far as I know, Cleve said it does not represent well current look of the game). Unfortunately Cleve decided to rework it for Windows. Add this to the fact that the game was far from finished at the time ("Grimoire beta" is something else than beta as it is understood normally ) and you will get a mess from which he was not able to get up to now. I wonder whether he will be ever able to finish the project.
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:30 am

Lizardking

a big project for somebody with little resources. tenacity is required and they continue to make progress or at least they say they do. Maybe takes a long time because it is a big game to do.
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:38 am

Hagar

GRIMOIRE IS VAPORWARE! <br> <br>Cleve likes to torture his fans with a game that doesn't exist. <br> <br>You will never see the game released. That is why it sounds better all the time as it gets less likely to see the light of day.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:26 am

casey94

Wow is it still being debated - I originally put my interest down in this but nothing ever came and in the end I gave up. Just some pretty screen shots of menus mainly. I would love to see it working though as it looked very promising. I guess Ill just hang on for Arx which seems the best bet.
Post Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:34 pm

Ðrâktøn

What?!?!?! Is this game still alive? <br>I heard of this so many years ago and I had forgotten completely about it. <br> <br>Ðrâktøn
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:33 am

Trent

Mad looking retro. It must have been cutting edge when the guy started on it, heh. Like to see it finished as it might be a surprise.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:42 pm

Where is Grimoire?

So, today is the 4th January 2005 and still no Grimoire... I think that the release in Autumn of 2004 was the last promise made.
It is depressing to see that everything goes as normally. Years are passing by and nothing changes.
I wonder myself why I still wait on this game and hope that the time comes when it is released... Hopeless dream, nothing to do with reality.

See you next January here (probably commenting again on the same thing ).

Mirek
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:12 pm

FadedC

And Corwin got so upset too when we showed skepticism to his reports about how Grimoire was almost done. I'm guessing that all the screen shots he showed up were in fact from the old beta after all.
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:32 pm

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I do not get upset by things 'guests' post!! If you want me to take you seriously, then join up. If you took the time to visit Cleve's site, you'd discover the reason for the delay with the final round of Beta testing. I certainly have no intention of educating you!! All I'll say is that there is a game which is nearly ready for release and it will be well received by everyone who enjoys a Wizardry style game.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:05 am

I'm surprised anyone would still run previews on Grimoire. Cleve burned out on development and isn't doing anything on it.

I suppose I could be wrong, but the skeptics on Grimoire have a 7 year track record of being right. When 2005 turns into 2006, and Grimoire is still vapor, perhaps Corwin will see the light.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:59 pm

Theo

Gimme!

The longer this game has been delayed the greater its infamy. Its bigger than salmon rushdie now. If they ever finish it they will have a lot of cheap publicity.
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:59 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next