Check out the news!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Check out the news!

I don't visit the news as often as I used to, so I thought I'd point out a news bit in case some of you here at the forums don't happen to check...

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php#13539

Kinda freakish, since I was just explaining to a new member that the Sir-Tech team had scattered (which was the last good info I had). Last I read, Charles (lead artist), Alex (lead programmer), and Brenda (project manager?) all had taken jobs with other companies.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:39 pm
otter
One of Us

I noticed they were very careful to avoid the term "Wizardry-9". (well, we're all Cosmic Lords now anyway, so what would we play?????)
But if they start a new series, i wouldn't mind at all.
Or maybe a combination of simworld (a la Civ) and RPG.......
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:56 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

If only we could do a RPGDot fundraising thingy and raise enough to hire them. Of course, then we'd have a debate over whether we had them make Wiz 9 or JA 3.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:51 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Sims go Sailing

your close, actually Its a sim themed RPG, multi port, Amiga friendly with characters from Wiz series. the sunken ship in Arnika and the Statue on the Hill in the southeast wilderness will be key. Stuffed Mook Teddies will be tied in at the time of release TBA, soon.Crimson Poppies will have a bigger role since their cult status can't be ignored. The Sacred tome has been sold as a movie. I'll explain more when my NDA expires. hint, Microsoft buys the whole planet for an AP retreat with Bela doing Stand Up.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:45 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sounds to me like Sir-Tech is now competely gone.
Of course they can't say for Wiz9 or anything else, as Sir-Tech owns the license to the series, not them. So they're looking for anything else they can get. I wonder what the license for the Wizardry name would sell for?
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:38 am