The immortal (so he says) Templar in the temple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The immortal (so he says) Templar in the temple

I've tried everything, but I can't kill this guy--I believe he is Gor Boba. I have killed three of the shamans but this one is tough. I am at 60 strength and 46 dexterity, so can't use some of the best swords. I think I am going to have to teleport out and use some skill points to gain strength, unless someone has an idea how I can beat him. You can't inflict damage and run away to heal because he keeps drinking potions. I haven't found any magic that helps. I used the teleport scroll, but I assume I can get back in the temple using the icon or does this create a problem?

Last edited by LauraL on Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:04 am
Ruslan Ismailov
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you kill shamans near temple entrance you could enterand leave temple as many time as you wish -- you could open gates with statue (at the top of pillar, shamans prayed for).

Gor Baba is not invinsible. Wave of Ice / Firestorm combination should beat him down.,
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:18 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

He is very tough if you use a 1 handed weapon, but easy if you use a two hander.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:04 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yeah, I ice blocked him and then beat him down.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:23 pm
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks everyone for the great advice. The firestorm worked on Gor Boba, but I now have problems with the fanatics and two demons attacking at once. I don't have any more firestorm scrolls and haven't found anything else that works. That is interesting about the two handed weapon being more effective. I just went with the one-handed because it was rated as causing more damage. I am going to try those tips. I wish I had known what spells might be needed before I entered the temple. I am only at circle 1, so that is a problem too.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:06 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You'll find that most of the fanatical templers and novices are best handled with Ice Block and then Firestorm. They all have very high resistance to hand weapons and almost total resistance to bows and Xbows. Sorry.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:13 pm
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have ice block but no firestorm. Any other suggestions? I do have other fire spells, but they don't do much. I found that the lesser demons don't go through the door, so they were easy after all. I did kill V Ruuushuk with no trouble. Maybe I could sprint past them.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:02 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Laura,

The reason 2 handed weapon works better because it is a lot longer. With a one hander, you get sliced and diced before you get close enough to hit your enemy. One handed weapon is faster but too short. 2 handed weapon is also good for knocking your opponent back, which is useful when you fight multiple enemies. I don't even spend any points into 1 handed weapon. I get this axe called warrior's voice in chapter one and max out my strength. I save points until chapter 3 or 4 to learn 2 handed weapon. If you join new camp, you can start learning 2 handed weapon without 1 handed in chapter 2, and chapter 4 if old camp. If you joined sect camp, then you do have to learn 1 handed before 2 handed.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:07 am
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Joeman

Thanks for the explanation. I have learned two-handed weapons--I joined the old camp-- and have warrior's voice, but don't have the strength to use it. I got a lot of skill points in the temple, so I will invest quite a bit in strength. I ended up running for my life from Gor Boba on, since I couldn't handle the fanatical templers. I did take a swipe at the last shaman to get the journal entry and then got out of there. Now I am figuring out how to swim into the sunken tower, but not doing very well.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:20 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It's not hard.

Jump into the water, hit Alt you will see a yellow bar. After that aim your head toward with just the arrow key. After that keep hitting Alt to swim downward until you are at the very bottom. Look around for a tunnel with arrow key. Swim for a very short while. After you reach the end, face up and hit Alt.

The zombies there are totally immune to weapons and arrows I think. I couldn't damage them last time I tried. You will need lots of death to the undead scrolls if you are not a magician. I think you need at least 16 of them.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:08 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Zombies aren't Immune to weapons but you do have to be rediculously strong to beat them, about 80 STR and revenge steel will do the job.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:46 pm
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I finally figured out the swimming and got to the area under the sunken tower. I tried morphing to a lurker to do it, but got a game error, so did it the regular way. Not too much trouble with the zombies thanks to the many death to the undead scrolls. I had previously visited Saturas and Larus to get advanced to circle 3 with enough strength to use warrior's voice. I saw Milton and and now ready to visit the Sleeper. At least I hope I am ready. There seems to be no way to get advanced to circle 4 since the new camp mages turned against me. Maybe I can turn up some useful items in the sect camp before I start my assault.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:19 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The new camp mages will stop turning against you after you visit Xardas and tell him you have activated the sword.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:21 pm
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, that's good to know. I have activated the sword. Maybe I'll try to get circle 4 before going after Sleeper.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:37 pm
LauraL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help! I am getting killed in the final scene with the Sleeper and Cor Kalom. I have summoned several golems and they pretty well trampled the novices, but if I go near Cor anger, I get hit constantly with fireballs or something. I get no time to attack. I have employed all the fire protection I have and still no difference.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next