A bug??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A bug??

I just want to know is there possible be a bug or not.
I think there's something wrong or a bug in my game "Gothic II," because in Ch 6, I couldn't open up a secret stone no matter how many times I tried, and there's only greenish posion smoke that came up from the ground after I turned three switches. The room is on the left by the human-lion like fresco. I already opened up secret stones from other three rooms and another three that appeared infront of the fresco. However, I couldn't pass through the fourth one....which is also the last one I guess. Please help me to solve the problem. Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:19 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Although I donīt remember the details I donīt think this is a bug.
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:25 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Is this the room with the goblin skeletons? The combination is either middle switch, right switch, left switch OR it's middle switch, left switch, right switch. The last 2 are opposite the other room with three switches (the one with the 2 shadow warriors). You've posted before and said you had reloaded and the problem remained. I take it you went to an even earlier save and the problem still remains?

I've had problems with games before because of DirectX. Either I had the wrong version of DirectX or the game was too old to support a newer version. It seems to me that the DirectX that came with the game is the version you should be using. This may not be much, but it's something to check.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:51 am
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, 5 goblin skeletons for that room. I opened 4 gates of these4 rooms and cleaned out all the monsters, and then I switched these switches in each room one by one. The weird thing is those lights, which only light up in the places where those monsters appearce near switches after I turn the center stones, were already there in the room where I had problem, even though I haven't turned the center stone yet! I think somehow the computer thinks that I already turned the stone..........The bad thing was I saved twice under different saving names, which means that I covered the only saving with the record of entering to this room before.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:44 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

OK, you got into all four rooms, cleared them out, pressed the switches in the first three and were ok. I think the swirling lights just stay there after you reload, they are not a factor. What about the main room? I read it like the four blue lights are at floor level or just 3? I'm sorry I haven't read of this problem before.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:00 am
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I don't know where's the main room....but I'll take this time as my bad luck. I guess there's no way to solve this. However, thank you so much for your replys still!!
Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:38 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The main room meaning the room with the big locked door.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:37 pm
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry about the reply of last time, because I was busy so I didn't make it clear enough. And yes, the main room only has three blue lights.
Here are the pictures. And yet agagin, there's nothing coming out from the floor, except the green-poision smoke. I really wonder the game mixed up somehow...

[/img]
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:18 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

It's probably not a bug. It's just you have to find the right combination.
Not sure of the combination but thaught it was front, left right. just keep trying al combinations
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:08 pm
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, but seriously I already tried for million of times by the order of middle, left and right. I tried it again tonight for three times, but it doesn't work still.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:03 am
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ya dude I know what you mean. For me it seemed that success was achieved after a multitude of tries; often with the same combo over and over again.
I don't remember the combination, but it felt like I had to do it several times before it would work. All well, best of luck with the final dragon he is really difficult (reminded me of disposing of a meatbug )
That will all change with NOTR from what I hear.
Later, Rordog
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:25 am