When the last RPG is released, the world ends
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

When the last RPG is released, the world ends

Morrowind is out, Dungeon Siege is too, NWN next, then what?

I have waited years for theese games, and will most likely spend months with Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights.
We have a tradition with multiplayer each new version of Icewind Dale, but thats one weekend-lan, perhaps two, and then its over.

Its all over... Wait... Gothic 2?
Can that uphold the thin life I have left?
Maybee...

Its tough to be hardcore

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:38 am
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Don't forget Arx Fatalis..
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:56 am
HubaHuba
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NWN and Gothic2 are games im looking forward to yes, NWN im looking forward to since the start of my life. And yes im a hardcore RPG player, but theres life after those games. I have a tip for all the hardcore RPG players around, BUY A XBOX, BUY PROJECT EGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you think NWN will be really great? BUY PROJECT EGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:08 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I have to admit... this year is a red letter year for CRPGs. But what is next year going to be like? I haven't seen much interesting (Star Wars Galaxies) yet. Let's see what cats get let out of the bag at E3...

It will be hard to beat the Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege back to back combo thing. Which is probably a good thing, as I suspect that buying all three of those blew the entire year's budget on games for some people. (Which is why I elected to pass on DS)

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:01 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

my wish for 2003:

Fallout 3

if Black Isle don't produce this game they are mad, it would be a mega seller.

HiddenX
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:12 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Summoner 2 will also come out.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:41 pm
Yog Sothoth
The All in One
The All in One

i agree with HiddenX: FALLOUT 3!!
=Ex-Baron of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:48 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

and once all is said an done, there will always be the might and magic series. what are they on, like 12 or 13 or something?
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:05 pm
Gothmog
Village Leader
Village Leader

Fallout3 sounds pretty good.

What I would really like though would be some quality product from David Bradley. Wizards and Warriors was less than half the game it should of been. Anybody know if he is working on anything?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:43 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by TheLonePaladin
and once all is said an done, there will always be the might and magic series. what are they on, like 12 or 13 or something?

I just finished M&M IX. It was a fun game but it sure could have used some MoCap animations.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:09 am
ButtOfMalmsey
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

What about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
-Homer Simpson

=Member of the Non-Flamers Guild=
=Member of The Sixth House=
::Captain of the Black Company::
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:18 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I do not know much about Arx Fatalis so far... Are you sure that its just not another Diablo Clone?

Fallout 3 is just dreams so far, not true enough to uphold the world...

Star Wars Galaxies is a MMORPG as far as I know, and I ignore MMORPG's by default...

Might & Magic 10 will never come, the producers where fired after MM9 was released. Wizardry 9 will never appear either since Sir Tech is no more...

What is the difference between Galaxies and Knights of the Old Republic? One of them is produced by Black Isle right?

Icewind Dale 2, Gothic 2... Thats the ones I can come up with for the next year...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:59 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Knights of the Old Republic is being made by Bioware. As Bioware and Interplay/BIS are not realy on speaking terms, BIS is not producing it.

For me it's Icewind Dale 2 and Divinity for this year that I'll focus on most.

There will be new RPGs out next year also. Maybe Project Ego will be a good one, even if it is only released on XBox. It promisses to have a lot of good AI in there, but then again every developer promisses that

Maybe one of the remakes for Ultima is going to be kewl to play, if they ever get done.

If you want some input on possible games then you can always check our releaselist of course

BTW, Feargus Urquhart (President of BIS) did say that they will make Fallout 3 one day. And he also said that they would like to do Planescape:Torment 2. But I doubt that any of these two are actually scheduled at the moment.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun May 12, 2002 3:22 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I always ignore Console games. I want full 1600x1200x32 glory, and cant stand watching a television screen for long without getting tears in my eyes making them all blurry...

Knights of the Old Republic will take another two years, wont it? Bioware usually takes a long time to produce a game.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:06 pm
The Golden Mage
City Guard
City Guard

ha the only thing keeping me from dieing of boredumb right now is battlezone 2 and this site. Yes when last rpg game comes it will probalby kill millions . And I am really looking foward to Gothic 2.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:08 am