View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

who's your favorite RPGs character?

heya ,

i bet most everyone here have played several RPGs, so i think there must be at least one or two RPGs character that you like & why he/she's cool.

1) my first favorite RPG's character would be Diablo himself in D1 & D2. off course he's big bad/evil character in that game but that's not the point. He really looks scary, ugly, menacing - with pure desire for total destruction & murdering the world if he could. unfortunately his character development stunted by mindless story & inclination toward hack & slash game style. It would be interesting if Blizzard twist the game plot and focus more on it stories; like beside story about protagonist, also include story on main villain why he became evil at the first place - because of horrible betrayal, curse, deception by higher power or whatever make the stories reall cool. BTW, i think Diablo also looks cute (now this sound silly, but it's true!)

2)the second favorite character are Imoen. Everyone who have played BG1 & BG2 would familiar with this name. She's little wacky; she would slap main character shoulder & smirking when he try to ask about her background, and in BG2 she didn't loss her wits when try putting her paw (stealing) on that semi-retired paladin (i can't remember his name) & got busted. And i like her favorite line that say "heya, it's just me...Imoen".

Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:05 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Favorite character of all time in a CRPG? That's tough.

OVerall? Probably JC Denton from Deus Ex. He kept his wits about him through everything the game threw at him.

Honorable mentions have to go to Vhailor and Trias from Torment. I didn't feel attached to any heroes in BG or BG2... the closest character I felt any empathy towards was Keldorn.

But enemies... Irenicus gets a nod. He reminded me so much of how I played a D&D character that it hurt.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:58 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Annah! (PS Torment) She was hot, she was just a little crazy, she could handle herself, and she had a tail! But seriously, I felt for her even if she was just a character, she had a lot of bad stuff happen to her, but she was still really cool once you earned her trust. She had a hell of a lot of personality and depth for a videogame.
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:10 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

Well I know he isn't really an CRPG character (but he did appear breifly in BG2) but the coolest kinda bad guy has to be Jaraxle Baenre.

(Although as cameo's by bad guys go then Cyric, God of Murder, Lies, Intrigue, Deception, Illusion and Madness should get a mention for his breif appearence in BG2: ToB)

As for purely CRPG characters then mentions must go to

From Baldurs gate series : Imoen (Hiya, it's me, Imoen), Saravok and Jaheria (sp?), Bodhi and the Deamon Prince at the Bottom of the ToB dungeon (sorry can't remember how to spell his name)

From Planescape: Annah, Vhalior and Trias

From Anachronox: Stilletto

From Final Fantasy 5: Saban

From FF7: Septiroth (sp?) and Vincent

From FF8: Squall

From Fallout 2: Marcus

NWN: Lady Arabeth

From Pools of Raidence 2: Er... nothing about this game was memorable (at least I'm trying NOT to remember it anyway )
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hmmm... a difficult question. I liked best:

- Luther and Jakel (Lands Of Lore II and I/III respectively, yes, scream now!)
- Vhailor and Trias (PS:T, right, EX!)
- Vincent (FF VII)
- Jackal (Gothic)
...can't think of any more right now, perhaps later!
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:14 pm
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

Does it have to be limited to computer RPGs? If so, I would probably say one would be Cain in Diablo I & II. Just the wise old, humble guy whom you really become familiar with over the course of the two games. And Annah in Planescape, for reasons aforementioned. (No-nonsense, depth of character, tail ...) And the main character of Gothic; not as inspired creation as the main character in Planescape, perhaps, but a solid hero nonetheless.

Now, if we can go beyond CRPGs, then virtually every single character in the N64 Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask deserve mentioning. There was something with those two games that just worked. The depth of the plot, the beautiful scenery, the brilliant music, and the characters ... man, oh man, the characters in it were awesome; from Link, to Darunia, to the Happy Mask Shop Owner, Talon, Ingo, Ganondorf, the crouped-up old guy in the tower in Lake Hylia. I mean, seriously, games do not get any better than the Zelda 64 games. I'm not a console player at all, I really dislike them for the most part, but those games were just incredible. Lotsa sentimental nostalgia do I have for that now.
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:30 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Dogmeat
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:59 pm
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

from Final Fantasy 2 - Cecil...he was just the man...a dark night that became a paladin...

from Final Fantasy 3 - MOG!!!

from Final Fantasy 7 - Cloud was kewl...

from Xenogears - Fei/Id...good and evil

from Baldur's Gate - Minsc - "You just don't understand the bond between me and my hampster."

Diablo - The Butcher!!! "MMMM...FRESH MEAT!"

Diablo 2 - Tyrael...nice wings...
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:36 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I think the coolest RPG character ever was Kefka- from FFVI. He was everything - evil, sadistic, self-centered, crazy, funny, powerful...and he destroys the world. What more could you ask for? Plus he turns into an evil arch-angel at the end of the game.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:45 am
MtnDwarf
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Korgan Bloodaxe!!
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:54 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by Gish
from Baldur's Gate - Minsc - "You just don't understand the bond between me and my hampster."

Minsc was great! Boo is so small and there is so much of Minsc to search!
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:13 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Not exactly an rpg, but i like Clay, an ex-pirate transformed in a computer-program - from the best Elite-Clone game:

Independence War II: The Edge of Chaos
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:39 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Hmmm... a difficult question. I liked best:

- Luther and Jakel (Lands Of Lore II and I/III respectively, yes, scream now!)

Sob, sob - truely Jaz is lost to us all

I did think of another cool char but he's not really from an RPG but it did have a good story line - Kain (form the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain)
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:46 pm
Day Dreamer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ryudo - Grandia 2

If any of you have ever played Grandia 2 then you know what kind of personallity Ryudo has. He is never short of words, and always has a smart-allic comeback. He had me laughing with every line he said.....up untill the near-end parts when he started getting all emotional, but whadayagonnado.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:24 am
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Hands down, Dak'kon from Torment. Troubled and peaceful at the same time; wise and articulate; able to both teach and learn from the main character. Dak'kon was essentially wishless but never without passion.

There are so many memorable characters in these games. The entire cast of FF7 and FFX deserves a bow, in my humble.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:54 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next