How to break big chunk of mithril...?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

How to break big chunk of mithril...?

I've tried every way I know, I've even looked at the walkthrough.. I just can't figure it out..

From the walkthrough I gather that I'm supposed to use the same machine that I smashed the beast with to break the mithril, but that can't be true, because it's inactive (still smoking like it did when it smashed the beast).

So.. what do I use? How do I do it?

Or is this another bug?
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:12 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Warning

The pawer stones don't last for ever - they have enuf charge for 2 operations or so. If a power stone is discharged it will dosappear from the socket in a machine. Then you will need to insert a new power stone to activate the machine again.

Given the scarcity of power stones, you might end up not being able to forge the weapon (not to mention to forge a key for some extra advanture):
In my case it took me two operations (1 power stone) to kill the black beast, therefore I needed another stone to crush mithril, and I used already a power stone to teleport mithril. At the end, I was one stone short to activate the last machine at the forge

EDIT: you can save one power stone by not using the teleportation machine, but instead draging the mithril chunck to the smashing mashine.
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:09 pm
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

Wow... Thanks man. That helps tons.. I'll have a look to see if the thing is empty.
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:28 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I've found 7 power stones on the dwarven level, and forced 2 mithril two hand swords, a golden plate, and two iron sabres, and still have 3 unused power stones. You don't need to use the machine to kill the black beast! I lured it into the lava pool, which appeared after you pull the switches in the sideroom, and the one that appears stocked, and finally creates your way out of the room!
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:34 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The only machine which "eats up" them power stones seems to be that damn crusher thing. I used the teloporter more then once (well I failed to put the stone in the proper place the first time... Maybe if there's nothing the stone isn't wasted..) And I moulded and processed quite a few stones into bars and bars into items without wasting any power stones. I never noticed the crusher even "ate" the stone as I only used it once on the mythril, since I killed the creature by opening the lava pit (another nice way to save a stone).
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:32 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Thanks for giving more insides on this.. I guess my case was worse case scenario. I found 4 power stones: 2 on corpces, one in the barrack, and one on a woden plank in the mines. By using the smasher to knock the beast and to cruch the mithril chunk, and a teleporter to transport the chunck, in the end I was 1 power stone short to forge the weapon. Michael C, can you tell the locations of the other 3 stones? It can come handy. Thanks.
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:51 pm