Usergroups
Horizons preview
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Ligi
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thx for the first impressions Ekim, it solved some of my questions about the game . I promissed myself that I wont beta test any more mmrpgs, so it was nice to read some new stuff. Being part of beta takes out lots of the game magic.

MMRPGs, as you all know better then me, are a breath apart from any other genre and writting impressions, previews or reviews its always a tough task. Actually, a MMMRPG review is never complete and should be updated at least every 6 months because the game is always evolving.

IE, a game can be very disapointing at the begining, but one year after supose that the dev team made an awesome job listening the costumers, correcting stuff and adding lots of good content.

If you go to one of the most popular game sites - Gamespot - and read the review about EQ, it was never updated and the text there still refers to the reality in 1999. Now you tell me, but they reviewed the expansions.
Thats not enough, because an average gamer will read the article about the game he knows, he will look up for "Everquest" and not for "Shadows of Luclin". Therefore will be misleaded by the outdated article.

This was just an example, many other game sites do the same thing.

All this babling to say that the most important and accurate review is the one written one year after the game release because it evaluates the dev team feedback and ability to listen to their gamers.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:40 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

This game rocks...I am going to pwn you all...and when your whiny little selves comes and starts begging me for gold I will say No Dice Artifact haters... theres your NDA. This game is designed to be a community...and all these ppl are trying to play, oh I'm sorry "Test" this game by themselves and write their "ass-esments" and not even experience the game for what it is...a Role-playing game, where you need to umm, oh yeah PLAY.

And point well put Ligi.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:58 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Ligi
IE, a game can be very disapointing at the begining, but one year after supose that the dev team made an awesome job listening the costumers, correcting stuff and adding lots of good content.

Very correct, and I agree 100%! And that is why I generally advise people to not "try out" a new mmorpg at least before it reaches the age of 6 months after going live. But who's listening to me anyway?
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:30 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Well Kiff I have to say, you would have a hard time pawning me if I played lol. The games I usually play ie EQ, AO, Daoc Im among the first to top out as it where in levels.
To bad Horizons is all carebear(no PVP) or I would seek you out and show you what pawn truly means! Seen any lvl 70+ people on Spirit lately? How about a crafter topping 40? The fact that to test you must lvl thus testing high content, is a 2 edged sword. You always have people complaining about it because they aren't as high. Doesn't mean we dont test!
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:50 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2