Usergroups
We need PvP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

We need PvP!

Man, this game will damn well need some good PvP. I heard that the Alliance players can't fight the Horde players, and I am a bit disappointed by that.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:08 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

well, i have heard and seen that they can. i have watched two movies where taurens,orcs where fighting humans drawves and elfves. and i watched one where just humans and orcs had a big battle. i think its something like steal the flag. or king of the hill kind of thing.

There are certain areas in the wow that when you enter you are entering a battle. <---- Dial will correct me if im wrong.
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:29 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

For all I know, there will be no PvP killing except in the specially designed arenas ...
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:42 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Yes, what i explained above are in PvP zones.

I think in an expantion they should create a new island and make is pure PvP. but Undead,horde tauren v's Alliance.

Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:21 pm
Dialogue
Mountain King
Mountain King

In addition to the arenas already mentioned, there will be areas of the world where PvP is automatically switched on. These frontiers will feature unique monsters and the ability to engage in wholesale Horde vs. Alliance action. Competing in PvP and dealing with these monsters on the frontiers will net players unique items. They won't neccessarily be "better", but they will be shiny in some way (special design, special colors) to distinguish the players who have braved the frontiers from those who have not.

Details can be found here: http://www.computergaming.com/article2/0,4364,1270731,00.asp in the CGW WoW article.
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:22 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Alright, that sounds good!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:37 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

That really sounds good! And thanx 4 the link, Dialogue!
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:15 pm
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

I just hope that an undead player cant just wander into an alliance city and not be able to be killed by the alliance players there.
Mamas gonna bury it the backyard

-Stans mom
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:25 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

An undead player will probably be attacked by NPCs if he wanders into an Alliance-city which is, IMO completely lame. What about role playing? What about being able to affect your envirnoment? What about factions?
I think segregating the game into Horde and Alliance is a really bad move by Blizzard.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:42 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Dialogue
In addition to the arenas already mentioned, there will be areas of the world where PvP is automatically switched on.

SWEEEEEEEEET! I know timid players do not like this kinda stuff, but they really need to have areas like this. Playing against computer controlled beasts is really dry compared to an all-out bloodbath with human players.

I remember getting slaughtered and robbed by a teammate in Diablo back in 97. At first I was angry, then a wicked smile flashed across my face and with a maniacal laugh I stated...

"VENGEANCE IS MINE!!!"

Immediately, a quest ensued which resulted in my slaying his wretched carcass and exacting my revenge. Computer characters just don't allow this kind of vengeance!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:22 am