Problem getting the ornament quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
smithgdwg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Problem getting the ornament quest

I see a lot of other people having this problem, but mine seems a little different.

I have finished getting the information from dexter and the letter, and I went back to vatras, and he told me I was now a part of the Ring of Water. Went to the inn, got initiated and went back to see Vatras. He told me to see Saturas and bring him a letter. Went there talked to him, wouldn't take my letter, but told me to talk to the guy in the back by the portal. Talked to him, didn't really get much, not even the quest he was supposed to give me. Went back to talk to Saturas, said nothing new or helpful, talked to everyone else, nothing.
Went back to town, talked to vatras, the other ring of water member at the harbor(who can only train me, cant even take me to see the water mages), but no help. I still got the unopened letter in my inventory, but saturas wont take it. I tried talking to everyone, nothing. I cant get the ornament quest(already have 2 in my inventory), although it seems I have done everything.I still got the "Missing Persons" quest still in my uncompleted catagory, and a new one about finding out why Raven stole them. Is the Missing Persons quest supposed to be completed at this point?

This really SUCKS. Please help
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:30 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

It is normal that the "Missing Persons" quest is still open. It will be finished when you've actually freed the persons and brought them back to Khorinis.

There is another quest called "Where are the missing people" or something like that and that one should be finished. You'll need to give the letter that proves Raven is behind it to Vatras.

I hope this already helps a bit. You have done everything right as far as I can tell from your info.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Did you read the letter you got from Dexters body? I have to assume you did or you would not have been let into the Circle of Water. Hmmmm

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:38 pm
smithgdwg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yep, I have read the letter from Dexter's corpse, and I still have it in my inventory.

The "Where are the Missing People" quest is in my completed section of my log.

When I try to talk to Nefarious(sp?), he doesnt have any dialouge options, while Saturas only has one about teaching me magic or something. I have joined the city guard if that helps.

Also, I have made it to chapter 3, in hopes that it would work then, but no it doesn't. I tried talking to the ring of water member at the harbor, and he now has an option where I can give him an ornament. It doen't do anything after I give it to him though, he doesn't even say anything.

Anyone know what this is all about?
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The problem is that Lares never took you to Saturas. He is supposed to give you an ornament to give to Saturas. This is a known bug it seems, but I'm not sure what triggers it - there is something about not accepting him taking you to the farm soon enough or some similar action regarding him.

To solve it, I think you can use Marvin mode and insert the quest ornament. Giving it to Saturas should enable the rest of the quest line.

Welcome to the forums btw!
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:56 pm
smithgdwg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Do you know the exact code you have to give?

I tried standing next to Saturas and using Marvin mode to type in

"insert itmi_ornament_addon_vatras"

But it doesn't change anything, except an ornament appears floating in the air.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:43 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Umm, dude.........it is floating in air....reach and get it

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:52 pm
smithgdwg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks everyone!!!

Got it back on track now.

Now I can keep on enjoying this fantastic game!!
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:00 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Anytime, and good luck with the game!

Welcome to the forums by the way!
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:23 pm