Just got screwed by the AI
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mereel77
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just got screwed by the AI

So I'm outside Balmera walking around and a guy randomly attacks me. I guess he is a mean person or something. Anyway, he summons a skeleton and they come at me. I turn and run inside the Imperial fort in the area for "protection." Well, the guards just stand there and do nothing while this guy attacks me. So, I fight back and kill him. Then the guards start screaming and they kill ME for comitting murder. Man, that is crap, I'm disappointed in this game.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:00 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Heh,

it should work like this:
1) you can kill all outlaws (in caves etc.)
2) if you kill someone that is attacking you (that started first), it should be ok
3) if you kill someone and you started attacking him/her take responsibility for this.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:31 am
cbeddoes

What do you expect ?

They know him you are a stranger.

They will defend their townfolk no matter if they started first.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:44 am

He did start attacking me first. I didn't even talk to him, he just charged right when he saw me. Sounds like an outlaw to me.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 1:35 pm

Somnus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Faction standing

According to a Q&A page I read a while back, the player character starts by being considered scum by pretty much everyone..... you are an outsider.
If they knew him, but not you, they'll stick by their own even if they started on you.
Other possible reasons according to Bethesda, can be anything from you being dressed in poor clothes or armour, and it seemed to the guards that you were a mugger type and he was just a respectable looking townperson.
The AI is very complex, may be many reasons for that situation.
Best idea is to do all your killing in private, unless you're very well regarded and look like you're wealthy and respectable.

Hope this helps relieve the stress.

Somnus
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:07 pm

I think they might need to see the fight start to determine who is the aggressor. Otherwise they have to decide based on who has the higher faction with the city guards.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:16 pm